PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer jigles

James
06-04-2002, 08:40 PM
Hey, my speedometer likes to jiggle around, also my cruise control doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to fix the speedometer jiggle? SHould that fix my cruise control? THanks

88turboaccord
06-04-2002, 09:45 PM
The jiggle usually has to do with the speedo cable, if it is not pushed all the way into the speed sensor (on the transmission) or the cable itself can be going bad... For you cruise control, just saying it does not work doesn;t help, the problem needs to be dignosed, which you need to go check all the fuses/relays and hoses that are used for the cruise control...

ACCORD EX
06-05-2002, 04:38 AM
try greasing the cable ( take it out from it's rubber cover ! )

MIKE

James
06-14-2002, 02:47 PM
Where does the cable connect to the transmission, I can't find it.

ACCORD EX
06-14-2002, 03:16 PM
there are three cables runing in your engine bay !
one is for throttle cable and it goes for the carb !
second is for the clutch ! pulls the clutch lever !
third is for speedometer just trackit down it goes near to the starter ! :D

MIKE

James
06-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Thanks, btw, whats with the "!" did I anger you?

Lol, thanks again

ACCORD EX
06-15-2002, 02:38 AM
hey manthat was nothing ! i am just used to write " ! " in the text ! :D

MIKE

CARBurn
06-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Speedometer cable is located on near the back of the engine. It is mounted towards the rear of the transmission. There will be three lines the middle one coming straight out is the speedometer cable.

Mine seems to jiggle from 0-20 mph then after that it becomes steady, I thought this was normal, but maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to recheck the cable tomorrow.

ACCORD EX
06-16-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by CARBurn
Mine seems to jiggle from 0-20 mph then after that it becomes steady, I thought this was normal, but maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to recheck the cable tomorrow.

mice does that too ! i think becausei have a non genuine cable insdie ! :)

MIKE

James
06-16-2002, 06:40 AM
Well, I think I found the cable, but it goes to the powersteering regulator. Would that be the same cable you guys are referring to? The other two cables go to the carb, and one goes to this thing next to the tranny dipstick.

CARBurn
06-16-2002, 07:10 AM
On mine (5spd) the speedometer cable is in between two lines from the power steering on the tranny. The lines are connected at an angle while the speedometer cable is vertically connected.

James
06-16-2002, 09:28 AM
Damn, I am confused. Once I get a camera, I will take a million pictures of my engine and get someone to help me lable everything and make everyone's life, including mine easyer.

ACCORD EX
06-16-2002, 01:47 PM
here is a pic with all the 3 cables labled ! sorry i didn't have time eariler ! :(

# 1 is the throttle cable
# 2 is the speed cable
# 3 is the clutch cable !

enjoy !

MIKE

James
06-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that is a little different than my car. First off, I don't have a clutch cable, but I do still have 3 cables. One goes to the carb (like #1). Another one goes sortof in the direction as the #2 cable, but drops down where your clutch cable and speed cable sort of split. That is probably my speed cable like you said. And lastly, another one goes to a little round thing next to the power steering fluid, I think its the power steering regulator, something like that.

James
06-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Oops, forgot to say thanks. :)

ACCORD EX
06-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by James
Oops, forgot to say thanks. :)

:lol ! :D

any way you got auto right ?
i don't really know much about auto cables !?
hope the picture above helped ! :)

MIKE