PDA

View Full Version : Components, and sub?

88accordlxcarb
05-21-2003, 06:22 PM
I have changed gears for my audio setup, and have some questions.

I want to put a 6.5"(stock speaker size for 88lx) components up front. The mids i think will fit fine, but how do i mount the tweeters? Where is the best place, and how(pictures?)

I also want to put a 8" sub in the back. I dont like the big bass of 10's and i think one 8" suits my needs.

I want to use Cerwin-Vega Components, and a Cerwin-Vega sub. USAcoustics amp(65x4).

Thanks

AccordEpicenter
05-21-2003, 09:55 PM
i think the best place is up in the far corners of the dashboard for tweeters, but they have to be angled towards you because if they bounce the sound off the windshield it can sound funny at times. Ive heard some 8s and they sound good, but ive always like 10s better, but whatever suits your needs. Cerwin vega stuff is very good quality, but im not sure about the USAcoustics amps, ive seen them but ive never known anybody that had one, but they should be fine, after all its not pyramid or legacy etc, they are supposedly nice amps.

crwa
05-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Get an Audiocontrol amp/processor, there spend, but there amazing as far as quality goes...

POS carb
05-22-2003, 03:43 PM
i have the CV 51/4" setup up front and the tweeter is mounted on the little "kickpanel" at the curve of the door but honestly I think some hidden ones in the dash might sound better, I've already had them kicked off twice on the pax side :(

86hatchbackLXi
05-31-2003, 09:59 AM
i have pics of my polk/momo components on my website
www.db-audio.net

Justin86
06-05-2003, 10:05 AM
When ever I get my componets I will mount the tweeters in the doors under that heater vent.