PDA

View Full Version : power Door lock conversion

PogiLXI
05-23-2003, 09:09 AM
hey, yall. I got a 87 LXI with power windows, but not power locks. I wana put power locks in. Im putting in an Alarm soon with the Options for power locks. I plan on just putting the that actuators wired to the alarm, I just cant Figgure out a spot for the Actuators. Can anyone help me out. Maybe give some pics!!!! thanks!!!!

cdscowboy
05-23-2003, 10:37 AM
I'll try and get a pic today of what I did. Depends on how motivated I get and if I'm not checkin out the ladies on campus;):D I'll try and get one for ya.

PogiLXI
05-23-2003, 11:27 AM
that would be awsome.

bobafett
05-23-2003, 11:43 AM
its a nice day out, so he's probably checking out the ladies on campus... hehe :D

cdscowboy
05-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Hell yeah I am :D DAAAAMMMMNNNNNN!!!!! Some hunnies in short shorts, skirts...why the hell would I be inside? :lol I'll try to get those pics still though, cause i'm such a nice guy.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Have you looked inside your door panel?
There is a big facking hole where u can mount them!! Jesus Christ!! I fixed it!

cdscowboy
05-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
Have look inside your door panel!! There is a big facking hole where u can mount them!! Jesus!!

Don't be a dick...how would you like it if you had a question and you were patronized for it? I mean, the guy's a newbie (at least by his status here)...I know it took me a while to figure out exactly how to do the job.

Not tryin to get on your case, but you can offer advice w/o belittling others!:)

Anyways, sorry I didn't get that pic today...to distracted on campus ;) I'll try to do it tomorrow!

PogiLXI
05-23-2003, 08:33 PM
"the moral of the story is, dont be a dick. Dick!"- XXX Vin Diesel.

cdscowboy
05-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Okay, here's a shot...if the pic doesn't work click on the link here: http://members.cardomain.com/cdscowboy

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/349000-349999/349828_25_full.jpg

superaccord
05-25-2003, 11:18 AM
woah so its that easy...so could i just go to a junk yard and get parts from one that already had them and just hook it up in my car?

cdscowboy
05-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Some Accords came with power locks...I've seen the actuators before, but obviously I didn't need them. You'll need something to trigger the locks to lock/unlock them. I have a remote start/keyless entry thing I got off eBay for $26. It's made by Bulldog Security. Both the features have worked pretty well, though when the engine's cool sometimes it takes two crankings to get it started. It may have also messed up my main relay...not sure.

So back on topic...if you have something to control the lock/unlocking, it's really easy. Mine involved a relay or two. I'd offer to get pics of the relays, but they're a real pain to get to. If you need more of the mounting, let me know. Good luck!!! :)

PogiLXI
05-25-2003, 12:11 PM
awsome!!! im getting an alarm soon. it has unlock\lock relays, sooo its all gravy. just running the wires to the Relays. is it hard? just use the same access as the speeker wires? thanks.

cdscowboy
05-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah, you could try and run it through that same access tube, but I tried that and it was a pain, so I just ran the lock wires along side of the tube and zip-tied it so it was secure. There should only be two wires...well, some kits have 3, not sure what that's about, but most kits come with a wiring diagram anyways, so you'll figure it out. I can't remember how all the relay wiring was. You could go to a stereo shop or some place that installs alarms...maybe even RadioShack...they could probably tell you how to wire it.