PDA

View Full Version : Removal of guage pod

Stefi-blueLX
05-23-2003, 12:06 PM
I've looked in the FAQ, the How to's and searched this forum 20 times, and I still can't find anything.

Will someone please tell me how to go about removing the guage pod? I've tried and it still won't come out. I've removed about 20 screws and it's not budging. Someone please help me out!

If ya'll have any pics that would be even better (visual learner here). :)

Thankx

A20A1
05-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Did you unhook the speedo cable clip?
It's white plastic... and you sort of press on one part of the clip and pull it out from the back of the guage cluster.

Did you get the gauge cluster cover off? Or are you working on the cluster itself?

there are screws behind the "flip up light, dimmer switch, and rear defroster buttons

rehv_Aerodeck86
05-24-2003, 05:40 PM
my spido cable was very tight (em..short?) so you take it out of the clips under the hood and let it a bit loose, then the spido block comes out ~20cm, easyer to remove the clip mike talked about

IWLSF
05-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Dont touch that. It's meant to be a tight fit. Just reach down with a screwdriver and push the clip in (if your fingers are too big). I could reach mine (and I'm a big guy), but if you cant, slide the screwdriver down, the clip is on the left side (if you're in the seat). You can see it easier if you look down on it outside the car, through the windshield. It'll be a stiff clip to remove (especially if you havent done it before) but dont butcher it. I dont even know the cost of a new one, but I would be surprised to hear it's expensive.

rehv_Aerodeck86
05-26-2003, 07:22 AM
a mechanic i know suggested to let it loose a bit, and after you're done, set it back exactly like it was (you should see, where the spido cable in clean, rubbed?), but yea, IWLSF is right, better if you dont , cuz driving 1-2 days with the cable unproperly installed will fck it up :rolleyes: