PDA

View Full Version : engine swap

easyryder
05-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Well here is a huge one and I'm already at the torch and welder...Can you say Legend V6 5speed ...some custom crafting regarding mounts and firewall ..I will be running the complete wiring harness from the Legend.I also have some rare jdm performance goodies I will post pics of progress if anyone wants to see them MAN it suks to work at a Honda dealership:javascript:smilie(':burn:')
burnburn:

CARBurn
05-23-2003, 09:02 PM
good luck...

easyryder
05-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanx but after coming in from the shop this is doable............totally not easy but doable..........Thx for the support

easyryder
05-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Well ,,,,tricky swap but combining some of the legend suspension it is starting to come together

carotman
05-30-2003, 09:20 PM
well if it does work then show us pictures :)

a V6 engine would be nice in our 3g :)

smufguy
05-30-2003, 11:06 PM
for over 7 months, from the day i set my eyes on a junked legend, that C27 has been my tempting swap project. Except for the Passenger side engine mount, seemes like everything would fall into place. But the Vertical length(firewall to front) is 2inches shorter than the Legend and this puts the radiator in the way. The side to side lenght (fender to fender) is perfect.

God, i really wish it would fit with out any major trouble.

easyryder
05-31-2003, 10:34 AM
Hey Smurf guy You are right about the radiator issue but I have a few ideas how to get by that problem(twin side mounts) just to name one So don't wait another 7 months ...DO IT With some after market and honda Acc. This motor will outperform most other 4cyl swaps!...Good Luck!

smufguy
05-31-2003, 09:26 PM
well the C27s are out there plenty so i dont ahve to worry now. I have to worry about getting my car on the road now. then a year or so into it, once i save up enough money, i might do the swap. Hey, i will be the first dude to have V6 3g if i get it done, but i sure as hell know someone will do it before me. But darn it was my first idea :D:)

easyryder
05-31-2003, 09:47 PM
Smufguy I'm about mid way to that transplant 'cept I'm doing some perfomance work as i go ....Hope you too do the V6 thing

smufguy
05-31-2003, 09:51 PM
i might i might not. But i gotta do a lotta research on that Motor about the pros and cons about it, cause it has a shitload of vaccum lines too, atleast the one from the Legend, i dont know about the one from the 5th gen accord and the later legends. One of my other swaps in my mind was the G20, The Inline 5 2.0L motor from the Vigor. But i dont think that motor is not good enough.

easyryder
06-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Well a couple of minor setbacks have occured nothing critical though ..The passenger side motor mount is causing some grief but I'm getting there And running the Legend wiring harness was extremely hair pulling ordeal (but at least it's doneI'm modifieing the exaust set-up to accept nissan turbos,,,I know I got your attention now The room I have is very tight so we'll see how this fits in

smufguy
06-04-2003, 06:36 PM
dag, u got any pictures. Email me at [email protected] if u can. I would love to see them. Since our honda engines have single inlet like the older V type domestic engines, there is the inability to adapt twin turbos due to no twin throttle bodies. Which really sucks. But i would love to see the money, time and stuff u put into this swap. Seems like ur the only dude with a V6 3g in the whole darn world. But we need pics bro, we def need pics.

easyryder
06-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Thx smufguy ..I'll try to get my hands on a digital camera(I'm probably the only guy who doesn't have one..LOL) But I do have a roll of film that needs developing ,I'll get it on disk Oh yeah I guess i didn't talk about my intake ....Did I?

smufguy
06-05-2003, 08:32 AM
dont worry dude, ur not the only one without a digi cam. guess what, i dont have one either and i have a reg cam, but no film. HOw bad is that huh? hahaha, but anyways, im very very very eager to see that set up. Like i said, even though i came up with the idea first, there is always someone who does it first. Thats awsome. :D

easyryder
06-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Smufguy I may have to PM you 'cause of some of my theories Wanna bounce some Ideas off ya ...You game?

easyryder
06-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Oh man I swore I would take some time off Trying to fit the legend gauge cluster scraped one already Trying to get the right angle Soldering iron with a knife blade ooooohhhhhhhh I think I'm loosing it...I know I know Ya can't loose what ya never had ...Right?

smufguy
06-06-2003, 08:56 PM
hahaha, yo easy rider, send me a pm or email as u wish. Im here dude. Im greatly interested in this as you know.

side note:For the gauge cluster, why not just swap the stuff from the legend cluster to our 3g cluster? i know the side and the pc board would be different, but is that outrageously different?

What i would do is that, just stick the gauge faces and then just loose the back of the legend gauge cluster and have em all loose behind the dash :D

easyryder
06-06-2003, 09:24 PM
What you say makes sense but with the legend harness in place it does make it easier to just plug and play Lord knows a little bit of easy is a welcome thing at this point

easyryder
06-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Stopped working on the cluster for now
Decided to take it easy and route the rear harness(taillites etc.) that seems to be falling into place nicely(surprise surprise ) probably a good thing 'cause I was not in the mood for anything difficult
MAN do I have a lot of fasteners scatterd about .Thank goodness my interior was gutted for this ..........................Out of curiousity is anyone reading this ???

CARBurn
06-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by easyryder
Stopped working on the cluster for now
Decided to take it easy and route the rear harness(taillites etc.) that seems to be falling into place nicely(surprise surprise ) probably a good thing 'cause I was not in the mood for anything difficult
MAN do I have a lot of fasteners scatterd about .Thank goodness my interior was gutted for this ..........................Out of curiousity is anyone reading this ???
I am...just awaiting the final results.

easyryder
06-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks Carl at least I have three people who are interested

smufguy
06-07-2003, 08:51 PM
well, everytime i get a linke to my email, you know u got my imput here. Well stop messin with the rear wiring, whats up with the gauges buddy? :D :D :D

89AcCOrDmike
06-07-2003, 09:10 PM
i'm readin it, i can't wait to see if it works, that would be one hell of an achievement...

easyryder
06-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Just mindless work to keep movin ahead
I just don't want to think too hard right now

Thx Mike ....IT WILL LIVE

easyryder
06-10-2003, 08:55 PM
THE ENGINE IS IN PLACE with mount all doneYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAA
Much closer now Suspension is the target now...Legend bits seem to be close but I'll start tackling that soon

smufguy
06-10-2003, 08:59 PM
cool. Dude, u defenitely need to get those cheesy single use cams from walmart or where not and take pics dude, this aint fair :(

easyryder
06-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Turbos and axle set-up are the next mountains to climb and much as it dissapoints me I just haven't had the juice to push me forward.I had to clean-up and polish my '49 minor for the field meet(I know excuses) But I'll be back at it soon .Guess I'm getting excited about makin it live

easyryder
06-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Well the axle set up is causing me HUGE grief($$$$$) Custom fabricators with out a doubt know their worth and I am a fish on the end of a hook.Axle diameters and balancing WHO KNEW? Thought that when It came apart it was close Then again I don't pack a micrometer
The only thing (at this point) making it easier is that I am dealing with the Legend front suspension Almost complete ...Some minor mods but those (*@^%% axles!!!!!...I should have been a machinist

smufguy
06-30-2003, 08:07 PM
man........... this is one juicy project im lovin to see.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Damn man, this sounds like a sweet project... I turbo V6 in a 3g, ur nuts!! I can't wait to hear more, and hopefully see some pics of this.

cdscowboy
07-01-2003, 03:43 PM
I've thought of this in a passing thought, but knew it would be a pain in the ass, so I forgot about it. I can't wait to see your progress man....like smufguy said....GET PICS!!!!!!!!!!!! ANY WAY YOU CAN!!!! :) Soooo sweeeeet....