PDA

View Full Version : Check it out

zinj
05-24-2003, 01:11 AM
I have pics up of my current project if you want to check it out... :)

http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18449

Mike's89AccordLX
05-24-2003, 03:04 AM
I think it's cool but I think most people that could afford it would just get a nice laptop. Have you installed a TV yet? I think I will get one someday. (oh and definetaly have a PS2 or maybe a PS3 depending on when I do it.)

meohmy01
05-24-2003, 08:43 AM
i never get why people put t.v.'s in cars. you can't do anything with it while you're driving, they cost a shit load, and it's just asking for someone to break into your car.

TJ89Accord
05-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Its pretty much for show. Or how about on a long trip you get stuck in a HUGE traffic jam??? My friends play nintendo in my car when we drive around. Or they drive my car and I play nintendo lol. They don't really cost that much either. Depending on how you do it.

zinj - looks good. clean it up in the trunk and you will have a nice setup. I like.

tim

zinj
05-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I think it's cool but I think most people that could afford it would just get a nice laptop. Have you installed a TV yet? I think I will get one someday. (oh and definetaly have a PS2 or maybe a PS3 depending on when I do it.)

Yeah, this was definitely a budget project. :)
The video card on the computer has a built-in TV tuner, so I could watch TV too.

zinj
05-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by meohmy01
i never get why people put t.v.'s in cars. you can't do anything with it while you're driving, they cost a shit load, and it's just asking for someone to break into your car.

My LCD cost $120, less than most people's head units (also, it's hidden in the glove box). Actually, you're right about not being able to use the TV while driving. The main purpose of this was to be an MP3 player (with the LCD off). The main reason for the screen is so when I get lost (and I always do :D), I can pull over and use navigation software.

If I happen to have a passanger in the car he/she can play games or watch movies, too, an added bonus...

zinj
05-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TJ89Accord
zinj - looks good. clean it up in the trunk and you will have a nice setup. I like.

tim

Thanks, yeah, it's definitely a work-in-progress.

adams86lxi
05-24-2003, 02:46 PM
thats tight!!!:)