PDA

View Full Version : Ac Advice

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-24-2003, 09:57 AM
Well now that my swap is almost near blastoff I asked myself a serious question!! as we all know summer is nearing and the temp is slowly rising! Here in New York City the temps goes as high as 95 and up.. But is nasty heat! Because of the high polution level here in the city.. So my dilemma is!! Should buy the extra brackets needed to keep the ac or I should I drive without it? I really hate the heat.. Even at night is hot.. I am really interested in knowing what the guys doing swaps have decided to do.. Also the ones that did thier swaps! what did u guys do?? thanks!!

88' Accord Ltd
05-24-2003, 10:29 AM
I think that it would be nice to keep the AC. But then again you can always drive with the windows down. Also you can just ditch the Ac all together and save some weight too, its not much but it all adds up. I would probably just screw the AC, save some money and drive with my windows down. But thats just me.

88LXi68
05-24-2003, 10:38 AM
I have ditched both AC and PS. I can not justify the extra money for a yellow bracket.

RobT5580
05-24-2003, 10:40 AM
I am having issues with keeping my ac with the turbo and its not looking good but im gonna try to work it in. I would for sure buy the bracket and keep the ac because its always nice to be out of the heat during the summer and i use it a bit so it will be hard without it.

IWLSF
05-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Suck it up Matt and take it like a man. You want speed? You've got it, you dont need some 'girly-man' AC. Part of the territory bro lol (mine's removed, temps hit 105 here, already hitting 90's). That's why man invented the window lol.

Morpheus
05-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by IWLSF
That's why man invented the window lol.

:lol :lol

Jims 86LXI HB
05-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
Well now that my swap is almost near blastoff I asked myself a serious question!! as we all know summer is nearing and the temp is slowly rising! Here in New York City the temps goes as high as 95 and up.. But is nasty heat! Because of the high polution level here in the city.. So my dilemma is!! Should buy the extra brackets needed to keep the ac or I should I drive without it? I really hate the heat.. Even at night is hot.. I am really interested in knowing what the guys doing swaps have decided to do.. Also the ones that did thier swaps! what did u guys do?? thanks!!

I dunno, it's not just that cold air comes out, it's "dry" cold air. Your 95 degree's is high humidity, isn't it? Well, how much would it cost you do give your swap with AC? Everything does have it's price or value, doesn't it.:werd:

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
I dunno, it's not just that cold air comes out, it's "dry" cold air. Your 95 degree's is high humidity, isn't it? Well, how much would it cost you do give your swap with AC? Everything does have it's price or value, doesn't it.:werd:

Yeah the heat is humid..covering yourself from the sun does not help.. wind factor is zero, and the trafic in the summer makes feel like 200. The price of the bracket is 200.. which is not a bad trade off. I can always take it out during the winter..

IWLSF
05-24-2003, 07:51 PM
But you know you wont. You're a lazy bastard just like I am, too much hassle to remove it every 6 months. Evacuate, lose 60 lbs or so...it's too much hassle man. You know you wont do it.

I CALL BS!!