PDA

View Full Version : Performance inquiry

Cedrick
05-24-2003, 11:11 PM
I am about to buy an 88 Accord LXi coupe and I plan to do exhaust work (air intake, header, cat-back) and a few other bolt-ons. Can anyone give me some websites or companies that would sell performance parts for this car because I'm not getting much right now.

cdscowboy
05-25-2003, 12:18 AM
As for a cat-back I'd say just go to a muffler shop and have them make you one. I went to Meineke, personally. As for the intake, look online for a Civic one. You can get those and you cut off like 3-4 inches off one of the ends (don't know which end...do a search for it, there'll be tons of matches). And for headers, check out this thread: http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16722 the seller's on the board, or you could just do a search for either Pacesetter or DC Sports headers online. I suggest doing a search for all the things you mentioned here on the board though. Plenty of info!

And wecome to the board!!!! :wave: :)

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2003, 03:06 AM
www.nopi.com for headers and OEM parts. Look on ebay for the civic intake. Don't pay more than $30 for one. You cut like 3 or 4" off the air filter side. I haven't done it but I have modified the intake pipe that I have to work with my hoodscoop and it's not hard at all. Let us know what else you would like to know.