PDA

View Full Version : Should I Enter In The Car Show?

HondaBoy
05-24-2003, 11:43 PM
there have been lots of car shows this weekend. tomorrow is sunday. there are supposed to be 2 that im going to. i want to enter my 3gee in, but its realy not a finished product. here are a few things that need a lil bit of help. the wheels need a refinish, the roof is dented, has some dents not too bad, needs new paint, and its not completely done. but when will it ever be. haha. if its about $10, i think it would be worth entering. so yall think i should enter, or would it be a waste of money? my friend with a plymouth acclaim as entered car shows and has won 2nd place twice. he hasnt dont too many shows. his paint isnt too great compared to mine, but its still wins. so whadda yall think?

crwa
05-25-2003, 01:45 PM
I'd say no, car shows and ruthless and unless its finished then don't waste your time and money... but I'm talking about the huge shows, if its just a drive in or something in a field or at a park then go for it, but if its like Import Life or HIN, then no, you will get laughed at, i don't mean to hate, but I don't think you wanna do shows yet, I've done some with my friends and there tuff work, plus there's alot of prep to do, like an entire weekend, its not as easy as washing, vacuuming,, and puttin some armoral on the tires...

bobafett
05-25-2003, 05:17 PM
^^^^

what he said! :)

to be competitive in a real car show like HIN, u need a perfect non daily driver, with at least 10-20K invested...

then again i am sure there are exceptions... but a junky looking accord wont get noticed. then again at a high school car show, or something of that caliber, you stand a chance.

my friend with a stock 96 V6 convertable mustang who had washed it like 3 days before won best of show... lol....

crwa
05-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Now my car would be good in a show...jk, yeah to really compete you need alot invested and you definetly need a non daily driver, all though there are some dailies that are just kept up really well, but all show cars that are driven arn't perfect, you'll still see a rock chip here and there or a small knick or something, put an unfinished car thats in pieces isn't going to even be looked at and chances are they won't accept the car cause some shows do have gyuide lines that have to be met, but if its a high school lot show then go for it, but until you're sportin my car, again just playin, you need a car that stands out and in nearly perfect, and you have to have the whole package, from rims, to paint to interior to motor to suspension to brakes to basically everything that is available, but maybe when your car is done, then start small and work your way up, besides whats better a trailer car or a street car that is show quality that you can enjoy and drive daily, anyone can build a trailer car, but to invest your money into what you drive down the street is where its at, besides why look when you can hold...