PDA

View Full Version : Painted Brakes

HondaBoy
05-24-2003, 11:48 PM
ive been wanting to paint my calipers red for the longest time. i finaly did it, but im not shur if i did it right. they do looks good throught the rims. i cleaned them up and then painted. my friend told me i didnt have to rinse after i used cleaner, but i think i should have! i guess ill find out in the morning wheather or not i need to redo them. i hope not cuz ill have to take the rims off again. tomorrow i think ill do the drums. i used 1200 degee paint. if i do have to do them over again, ill make shur to take more time and take pix.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Cool I was going to do the same thing when I get my drums on next wednesday. I got some caliper paint from walmart (red also)

Own3d
05-27-2003, 04:02 PM
spray paint sux, use this shit from this website, i used it and its awesome shit:

caliper paint (http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home.asp?dir=detail&cat=6&cat_name=Parts&sub_id=6&id=239&sub_name=Rotors/Brake%20Pads&sec_id=&sec_name=&options=1)

Mike's89AccordLX
05-27-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm going to use a spray enamel. $4 I think I will just pocket the other $42 and buy something else. I mean come on for $46 to paint the calipers? What if you have drums? It won't be enough to cover them.

iloveJDMblackrims69
05-27-2003, 05:10 PM
SWEET better post some pics.........gotta love the painted calipers

HostileJava
05-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Did you clean all the rust off of them or just clean them up and paint them? I was planning on doing mine but didn't want to paint them while it was raining and of course the next 3 weekends after I got new calipers and drums it rained. Is it tuff to get the rust off of them?

BDaccordguy
05-28-2003, 01:02 PM
i agree that the calipers and drums look sweet painted, mine are yellow.

RobT5580
05-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Do it right the first time and save you both time and money. The $50 brush on paint is really good stuff and has held up great thus far. I have used other brake spray paint and it just doesnt hold up to the heat. I agree its expensive but it looks good and is supposed to last a long time.

crwa
05-28-2003, 08:46 PM
i did my calipers and drums in black, it looks clean and doesn't stand out like some do, but it's one of those things you notice when your up close. the only bad thing is is that the drums chip every now and then so I have to touch them up a few minutes every now and then but with the way I drive I'm surprised I still have brakes...

HondaBoy
06-01-2003, 10:37 AM
i painted my calipers and drums last week and they look pretty good. i still want to go over them again after they have totally dried. its so humid here that paint dosent dry very easily. with those rims i bought, they look pretty cool through them. the rims are only 13s, but they still look good.

meohmy01
06-01-2003, 02:46 PM
i did mine yellow on the 5g in late august of last year with some tractor paint and it's still holding up. i don't have drum brakes in the back though so i painted the 4 calipers and heat shields.

Own3d
06-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I'm going to use a spray enamel. $4 I think I will just pocket the other $42 and buy something else. I mean come on for $46 to paint the calipers? What if you have drums? It won't be enough to cover them.

i have drums, i painted front calipers, rear drums, and i painted my friends 4 calipers, and i still got half the can left...