PDA

View Full Version : TV Cable

88LX-iSedan
05-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Alright, Im not to sure but is it pretty close to the Trans Dipstick? I followed from the throttle body down into the engine and i found another adjuster, I checked for play in the cable and there is alot. So if i've found the right thing, Do i adjust it untill there is no play? ..Im asking this because i made a previous thread about shifting probs, Shifting to late and the trans fluid is fine..

---
Key words to aid in search results:
throttle value cable automatic transmission shift shifting point points auto kickdown kick down lever adjustments adjustment
---

88LX-iSedan
05-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Bump :D

88LX-iSedan
05-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Come on.. I know some of you know what im talking about. (In need of info :D) ...Oh yeah, BUMP!

A20A1
05-28-2003, 12:24 AM
play

it's supposed to have play.

Hold the accelerator pedal to the floor, that will cause the TV lever to raise almost to the top... but it still should be 2mm aways from the very top. I think its 2mm becasue the engine moves around... or the slack helps the accelerator pedal reach WOT easier.

Anyways whats the shiftin problem like?

A) Does it hold the gear longer then it should?

or

B) Does it shift early even with the accelerator pedal to the floor?

88LX-iSedan
05-28-2003, 05:06 AM
A) Holds gear longer then it should, The way i determined it has play is by the "how to adjust your TV Cable". (In the how to's section) I grabbed the cable in between the lever and bracket then moved it up and down without moving the lever. ..Sorry but i have no idea if im doing it right, Without pictures its confusing.

A20A1
05-28-2003, 11:12 AM
well having the lever too tight will cause the gear to hold longer then it should.

But if somethings stuck and the lever doesn't go down when you release the accelerator pedal then that will also cause the car to hold the gear longer.

I'll see if I can draw something.

88LX-iSedan
05-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks for helping me out on this. I just now checked to see if the lever is getting stuck when releasing the Pedal and it's not.

A20A1
05-29-2003, 11:42 AM
well here is the pic anyways... this is so you can get an idea of how the TV lever adjusts the shift points.

ACCORD EX
05-29-2003, 11:54 AM
Mike , i love your drawings ! :)

MIKE

88LX-iSedan
05-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Great Man!! ..Thanks a bunch! (That's an excellent drawing)