PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection system

Hondaqueen
05-26-2003, 02:12 PM
I have an 89 lx-i sedan, my Check engine light comes on and stays on, the owners manual says it means my fuel injectors are malfunctioning, but thats all it says, can someone e-mail me if they know what is wrong and what i need to do to fix it, do i need to buy new injectors? PLEASE HELP! Address: [email protected]

iloveJDMblackrims69
05-26-2003, 03:43 PM
hmm im not sure but other people can help you, i just jumped in to say that this thread should be moved to another section

sl103
05-26-2003, 07:27 PM
here is one way to check
run the car, leave the injectors in there ( at least with Z) you can pull a coil pack and the idle would drop and then return to normal but if it stays the same then its bad, so maybe try pulling one spark plug at a time, if worse case senerio, you just have to buy new ones or, can get them cleaned at RC engineering

DBMaster
05-27-2003, 06:51 AM
Well, actually you should first check the ECU code.

Move your drivers seat all the way forward. Look underneath the seat from behind and you should see a rather flat looking box (The ECU) with a little "door" on it. Turn the ingnition key to "ON" and make sure the check engine light stays on. Look inside the little door on the ECU. You should see a red LED flashing. Count the number of flashes before the pause. There should be a number of flashes and a pause followed by the same number of flashes.

Post the number of flashes here and I or someone else with a shop manusl will tell you what faulty component is being indicated. There are many things besides problems with the injectors that can cause the engine light to come on.

OldSchoolSwap
05-27-2003, 08:10 AM
Check the resistor box on your driver's side fender for proper grounding and replug the plug.
Other than that, give us the ecu code.

ryansaccord
05-28-2003, 09:18 PM
mine just flashes once, so im thinking code 1, anybody know what that is?

cruznz
05-29-2003, 03:22 AM
O2 sensor......

ryansaccord
05-29-2003, 06:30 AM
ok, thanks

smufguy
05-30-2003, 06:29 AM
If you dont feel any rough idling or leaky injectors (wetness and dirty build up near the nozzle of the injector) i would say try checking all the grounds and reset the ECU and see if they still throw a code. By the way, what code did it throw?

Originally posted by sl103
here is one way to check
run the car, leave the injectors in there ( at least with Z) you can pull a coil pack and the idle would drop and then return to normal but if it stays the same then its bad, so maybe try pulling one spark plug at a time, if worse case senerio, you just have to buy new ones or, can get them cleaned at RC engineering

You seemed to have started off saying "run the car...... ' and midway thru u said 'try pulling one spark plug at a time'. Do u mean pull the spark plug when the car is still running? Why u wanna hurt yourself dude?