PDA

View Full Version : in case anyone was wondering . . .

ryan88lxi
05-26-2003, 07:25 PM
a little while back when it was still snowing my friend and i took a snowboarding trip up in pennsylvania. on the way home (after busting my ass on a rail) we hit soe ice and ate some shit into a curb at about 15 - 20 miles an hour. if you saw the pictures, thelower control arm was bent up pretty bad, bent up the axle and a few other things. anyway, i finally got it into the shop a month and a half or so ago, waited for a few days and got it out. ran fine for about a week, then one morning i got in and put it in gear and all i heard was grinding and it wouldnt go anywhere. well, i took it to the shop i work at (should have done that in the first place) and they found that the dumb shits at triangle front end didnt put the axle in the whole way.:rolleyes: as a result, the transmission ate up the splines on the axle over a period of about a week and all the transmission fluid leaked out. the new axle is already in the care but there are other things i want fixed. so its in the shop and while its in there im getting all the little problems that have been pissing me off out of the way.

1. short circuit in the left high beam (keeps blowing the fuse)
2. new alternator (died on me a few times very recently)
3. sidemarker lights are out (too lazy to do myself so what the hell)
4. speed sensor that plugs into the transmission is broken so i had to rig it up with a coat hnger, i want them to put in a new one

and i think thats about it. so after that, i think it should run pretty well with the new engine and all, now that it has so muh new stuff in it (engine, alternator, water pump, oil pump, belts)
ok ill stop typing now, thanks for reading about my boring story if you did. BTW im a dx user now =P
later
Ryan