PDA

View Full Version : Magic JIC custom exhaust, bRRRRRRRRRRrrr

BigDReaMER
05-26-2003, 09:39 PM
what I really want to do is get a DC Sports header, Hi FLow cat
and a titanium Bulllet JIC Exhaust canister to make my own exhaust, and would be a good idea to have exhaust wrap to cut down on hi-tempeture, afterall the wrap does prevent water,
fungus,and rust, and can withstand ExTREmE Tempetures,plus I can wrap the headers with it too, tell me what you think of my future exhaust and how much hp you think I could gain If I add an MSD and intake to that !!!!!!!!!!!

IWLSF
05-27-2003, 12:02 AM
And why are you planning on running the exhaust wrap? I mean, I know what it's made for, but it more of for turbo/SB/BB applications have the header(s) near electrical wiring. That Titanium muffler and DC header wont be rusting anytime soon. So long as you do stainless steel as well. And I sure as hell have never seen an exhaust with fungus on it, nor water...kinda bit HOT down there...

The header might not be a bad idea, but only if you're losing performance due to the heat in the engine bay. It's not like you're going to notice any type of difference with it, and you pay $50 for a 50 ft roll of the wrap. Waste.

Headers, cat, exhaust, MSD, AND intake? Probably 10-15 at the most, to the wheels. It's a little 4-banger for christ's sake, you wont adding 75 hp like you'd see on a SB/BB application. It's just a damn waste of money.

DC Header = $350
Titanium Muffler = probably $150-200
Exhaust Piping = $100
Hi-Flo Cat = $150
MSD (plugs/coil) = $200
Intake (short ram) = $50

At the least, $1000. Probably closer to $1200 for some various installations like the exhaust. $1200 to still run high 16's and make a whopping 15 hp at the most?

shepherd79
05-27-2003, 03:52 AM
header/exhaust wrap is not worth it. it will absorb the water and make your exhaust rust a lot faster.
you need to get real man. in one post said that you ae tight on money but in this post you are spending over $500 close to $1000. Get real man. You have carb. engine. you can't pull alot of power without good investment.

and plese stop posting multiple posts.

pimp86LX
05-27-2003, 04:42 AM
he can get power. don't bash the a20a1 ;)

but ya your right not without some coin for a weber or EFI conversion.

scandalcat1
05-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
and plese stop posting multiple posts.

Yes please, I responded to one of your questions only to find that you had concluded your search on another.

With what you are asking, maybe 8 to 13 HP. You will be loud, thats for sure. I would also upgrade the spark plugs and upgrade all grounds on the vehicle as well. The A20A1 has some potential with an EFI upgrade as stated earlier, the weber will get you somewhere as well. If EFI, upgraded injectors, port the heads and you will be more than you are now. Night and day difference, my friend, would require possible swap and more parts. The heat wrap looks cool, but past the headers, does nothing for performance. And again, application is usually for turbo'ed setups.

iamvandemon
05-27-2003, 06:17 PM
hey hey give the kid a break... didnt you read his tag?? "big dreamer" lol.. he's a dreamer.. he's just talking crap...

scandalcat1
05-27-2003, 06:45 PM
:rolleyes:

1988starter
05-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Damn guys cut him a break when I got here I was not even sure if I could install an intake by my self well maybe not that bad but their was a time I was. So lighten up he just wanted to get some answers so instead of bashing him try to help and I know it can be done without insulting him.

IWLSF
05-27-2003, 09:34 PM
This isnt about him asking for help, it's the whole ricer mentality. For all the money in the world, I bet he just watched TF&TF for the first time, and came to post here.

scandalcat1
05-31-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 1988starter
Damn guys cut him a break when I got here I was not even sure if I could install an intake by my self well maybe not that bad but their was a time I was. So lighten up he just wanted to get some answers so instead of bashing him try to help and I know it can be done without insulting him.

Wah, Wah...:crying:
I think that we are all old enough to fend for ourselves especially on the internet . Every person is a different case and gets tailored answers to their questions. For instance, IWLSF and myself helped by giving him suggestions to his problems with a little love. You and iamvandemon did not and only posted to bring up your total posts and convey a futile point. Please help us help you and take a little constructive criticism with some free advice.

Morpheus
05-31-2003, 03:32 PM
B18!!

$1200 for 10 hp =$120/hp

or

$5000 for 80hp plus much more modifing potential = $62.50/hp

B18!!