PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood rear Honda logo "fell off"?

DR.ZED
05-27-2003, 03:41 AM
Did the car shuffle in the driveway this morning, and noticed my rear Honda logo on my 87 Accord is missing.

My first thought is some wanna-be ^*^&*^ took it. :mad:

However, on further inspection, I see there is absolutely NO marks on the paint around the logo to indicate somebody took it off.

I will make the assumption that somebody stealing a logo, would care less about the paint (thinking age bracket here), and most definately would leave a mark, of some sort.

Has anybody had experience with their logo falling off?

Fiance and I just moved into our first house, and I'd like to know the "other" car is safe in the garage (which is another issue).

Thanks in advance.

88' Accord Ltd
05-27-2003, 05:28 AM
Ok, I'm pretty sure that the sign got jacked. Maybe they were trying to be quiet when they did it and didn't just go all crazy on the car? or maybe they are just really good at popping out the signs without scrathing the car? However I think that the likeliness of the sign just falling off isn't very good. I've never heard of a sign just falling off before.

gugumachi
05-27-2003, 06:09 AM
Last time I washed my car, I noticed my emblem on the hood was a little loose. Had I not re-glued then, I could forsee a possible falling-off. I'm sure you could get a replacement one at the junkyard for next to nothing.

DR.ZED
05-27-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by gugumachi
Last time I washed my car, I noticed my emblem on the hood was a little loose. Had I not re-glued then, I could forsee a possible falling-off. I'm sure you could get a replacement one at the junkyard for next to nothing.

Thanks for the replies.

I wanted to rule out somebody being a d!ck in my fiance and my new house. The area is pretty much a ghost town after dark, so I could foresee something like this happening.

I am pretty much convinced it did fall off.

DBMaster
05-27-2003, 06:42 AM
I would lean toward the falling off. The factory logos are just cheap chrome plated plastic. Not worth much else except gracing the trunk lid of another Honda.

POS carb
05-27-2003, 12:20 PM
yea plastic only holds for so long. get an emblem from another Honda, I swapped those bigass 80's emblems for some smaller 90's Civic ones

johndej
05-27-2003, 01:35 PM
i pulled a few off at the junk yard and you couldn't even tell they had been there (was trying to make a custom ones like someone else here had made). they are easy as shit to get off w/out leaving a mark. i would say some one jacked it. just go to a junk yard and get one for like 50 cents......

Morpheus
05-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Or you can get OEM replacement!
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=2DR+DX&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=EMBLEMS

:lol only $14.45!

Osiris
05-28-2003, 01:00 AM
Mine came off the hood of mine :rolleyes:

Blue Impact
05-28-2003, 08:16 AM
I'd hate to sound like a penis here, but somebody jacked your emblem. It is very unlikely for it to fall off itself.

buzzbomber88lx
05-28-2003, 09:42 AM
yeah those things are bulletproof. and when you pull them off it leaves scratches and residue behind. I had to use a razorblade to pull mine off. If you want some I'll sell the whole set for $10 and it is the hood,trunk, accord and an lx emblem.

DBMaster
05-28-2003, 09:59 AM
When I took mine off to paint them I used some fishing line to pull through the adhesive. It was a type of foam tape. Then, you can just pull the emblem out of the locating holes - no marks. It did leave a lot of adhesive residue. When I put them back on after painting them charcoal gray metallic I glued them with trim adhesive.

johndej
05-29-2003, 02:26 PM
lol, i just put screw driver above it and tapped it w/ a hammer and they came right off.

smufguy
05-29-2003, 07:31 PM
just imagine u driving at 60 mph on the highway and the emblem on ur hood breaks loose, flies off, hits ur windshield, drags slowly over ur windshield while u watch helplsessly as it just move right over ur roof and flies off, u still watching ur precious beat up plastic chrome emblem gliding thru the air and landing behind u and a big chevy pickup just runs over it, and ur eyes turn away from the rearview mirror with a tear, ur heart aching to go back and take a look at it, ur mind saying pull over, pull over. Wait..... its just a friggin emblem, go to the junkyard and get one, no better, i will send u mine for free. :tongue: :D

DR.ZED
05-30-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by smufguy
and get one, no better, i will send u mine for free. :tongue: :D

Hook it up!

:D

Indeed, that was good description of your story.

smufguy
05-30-2003, 06:02 AM
send me ur address and in 3 - 5 days u got urself a rear badge. ;) :D

DR.ZED
05-30-2003, 10:31 AM
send me ur address and in 3 - 5 days u got urself a rear badge. ;) :D

One wonders if all those acts of kindness that one does, ever comes around.

Then somebody does this, and it restores my faith in human nature.

Thanks Smurfguy. :D

<back to our regularly scheduled mush-free programming>

;)

ACCORD EX
05-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DR.ZED
One wonders if all those acts of kindness that one does, ever comes around.

Then somebody does this, and it restores my faith in human nature.

Thanks Smurfguy. :D

;)

don't you wonder where did he get it from ! :D :lol :lol ! (J/k )

MIKE

smufguy
05-30-2003, 10:51 PM
yo MIke, i caught it when it flew off his car and im selling it back to him :flip: :lol

ACCORD EX
05-31-2003, 01:01 AM
yo MIke, i caught it when it flew off his car and im selling it back to him :flip: :lol

sure ! :D :flip: NICE CATCH :lol :lol !

MIKE