PDA

View Full Version : Problem after Clutch replacement

red89lxicpe
05-27-2003, 11:05 AM
I got my clutch replaced at a local shop with just a regular replacement Napa type clutch kit. Well now it is really difficult to engage the clutch smoothly. The pedal moves nice and smooth from the floor up to just about the beginning of engagement, but then when it start to engage it gets really stiff and like pops up and its totally engaged. Its pretty much impossible to slip the clutch. I tried greasing the pivot points on the pedal and things but it didnt really help. It was nothing like this before. Anyone have any suggestions?!?

Thanks

AccordEpicenter
05-27-2003, 12:58 PM
i wonder if they greased up the throwout bearing or if they used a crappy clutch kit... do you know who the napa clutch is made by?

iamvandemon
05-27-2003, 01:33 PM
try breaking in the clutch... roll the front end of your car up to a tree or somthing then with high rpms partualy engage the clutch for a sec or two.. now dont go nuts doing it but this should work..

AZmike
05-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Why not take it back to the place that you paid to get the job done? Have you already talked to them and they think it's supposed to do that?

shepherd79
05-27-2003, 03:11 PM
it is a new clutch, my clutch did the same thing, untill i burned rubber a few times.
now it looks like i have to get a new clutch, and it is been one year.

ACCORD EX
05-27-2003, 11:36 PM
i think it's a break in period , mine was like shit when i first installed , it wasn't OEM ! :(

MIKE

smufguy
05-28-2003, 07:58 AM
the break in period is supposed to be like 150 - 200 miles. and u cant rev past 4K rpm i guess. Follow the instructions on the cover of ur aftermarket clutch kit, it shoudl say there. Also, it will be harder than OEM no matter what cause of the pressure plate being much harder for racing purposes ((hehehe, right)). anywho, its normal for it to be like that until the break in period.