PDA

View Full Version : Hard to corner in LX

88accordlxcarb
05-27-2003, 01:49 PM
It seems everytime i take a corner, even at the correct speed it is really hard to get the car to take the corner. It seems like the car wants to flip over when i turn, and i have to turn the wheel really hard to get it to stay on my side of the road. Like its not tight enough to make the turn?

Its not new, its always been like that. Is it because of the 13" tires, or no rear sway bar? How can i fix it? Its just becoming a problem because i have to turn the wheel so far to get it to stay on my lane. Now when i try to take corners fast...well its not a pretty sight, i wrench the wheel over and the car feels like the tires are going to keep sliding in one direction(dont worry they are fairly new tires).

Thanks

86AccordLxi
05-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Is your car lowered? Lowering a car helps out a lot because it not ony reduces the center of gravity but lowering springs are always stiffer. If you want it to corner better, drop your car and get some good struts.

Alex

goldyaccord
05-27-2003, 03:34 PM
While your at it.. get some sway bars from the LXI or Sei.

you will eventually need to get some new wheels that are wider to accomedate a better selection of tires

MrBen
06-01-2003, 05:33 PM
I don't have that problem. I know that I have a tighter turning radius than my mom's 88 LX. Both cars are stock.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-01-2003, 05:36 PM
I know that tire pressure can have some effect on cornering.

MrBen
06-01-2003, 06:48 PM
With my mom's 88 LX wheels turned all the way, and me parked behind her, mine turn in and out farther.

od2681
06-01-2003, 07:13 PM
my lxi has a better turnin radius then the legend we have and my friends buick..haha

skaterjunky8
06-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Medium soft Koni's on semi-slammed ground controls running 28 PSI in your tires will work wonders for cornering.:rolleyes: Add in some front and rear strut bars and your set.