PDA

View Full Version : dead start

wprocomp
05-28-2003, 08:51 AM
ok my car keeps on dying on me,if it sits for awhile(10h+)it wont start,something is draining the battery bad and I cant pinpoint it,I have tried different stuff i.e. headlight motors,trunk light,interior light etc and they are fine...the only thing I can think of is the feul pump or the alternator...but it starts fine after I charge it,the battery is brand new,any ideas?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
05-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Attach a multi-meter to the battery and check for a current drain. If there is in fact current drain, pull each fuse individually out in the fuse box in the engine bay to see which system is causing the problem. Then go from there to find where it is in that particular part of the car electronics system. There have been several threads before regarding battery draining and how to pinpoint it.

I hope you find this helpful.

ACCORD EX
05-29-2003, 03:13 AM
you can always remove batter terminals for overnight and see if the problem presists ! if it does so it's a bad battery , if it doesn't so do what '89AccordLX(Rus) suggested !

MIKE

95AccordEXR
05-29-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
you can always remove batter terminals for overnight and see if the problem presists ! if it does so it's a bad battery , if it doesn't so do what '89AccordLX(Rus) suggested !

MIKE

not necessarily... if the battery is being drained, unhooking the battery would stop it as well.