PDA

View Full Version : New Paint Scheme!!!! (haha)

HondaManDan
05-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Alrighty, after i get my car fixed and all nice again.. she'll be gray primer...

I'm buying a fiberglass touring wing from a friend for 50 bucks and I'm going to the junkyard on saturday. For 100 bucks im getting the front bumper, molding on the hood and a new headlight assembly. I'm also going to look for Trans-Port side flares and something to make a front lip out of.

After spending upwards of 200 bucks on these parts, fiberglass body filler, and about 5 cans of rustolium primer paint she'll be ready for paint.

Some other upgrades im thinking of doing are like what A20A1 did to his rear lights... However, im going to make the outside (non-trunk) lights the circles. Then I'll paint over all but the reverse lights. This way the entire back end will be all one color minus two reverse lights and the two "trailer" lights. (Im hoping it'll look "Skyline-ish"

Final steps will be to shave off all the emblems and go for paint.

My final decision for the paint job is going to be Cadillac Pearl White. It's a pearloid shiny white with a taupe mixed in, i figure it'll go well with the Maroon interior, plus my car is already a taupe/silver... not too far off ;).

With this color im also thinking of getting two "gold" H emblems for the front and the back, i think she'll look really nice. Im looking for an elegant look, not racer, or ricer.

What do you think?

HondaManDan
05-29-2003, 03:48 PM
OK!!! c'mon now, someone's got to have an opinion!

89accordLXiAllAudio
05-29-2003, 03:55 PM
i think anything skyline would be tight, but what do you mean? draw up some pics if you can

MattsAccord
05-29-2003, 03:56 PM
I think the paint will look relly good and with those gold H's you wil need to put on some big bling bling rims.

89accordLXiAllAudio
05-29-2003, 04:01 PM
hehehh oh fa sho

89AcCOrDmike
06-08-2003, 01:30 PM
how much is the paint job for that? and what all do you have shaved? sounds like its going to be tyte

HondaManDan
06-08-2003, 03:10 PM
I'm switching the color.... Lol.

It's going to be a white base with a silver/pearloid clearcoat. This will give it a kind of 3D shine with a silver overcast. It'll look nice. As for rims im gonna slap some 15' Whities on.... I found some on Tires.com that look pretty nice. Next up im going for the gold emblems... However... I think with the change in color from the "sandbrush" overcoat to the "silver" overcoat... i may want to stick with either Chrome or white-back emblems...

Im going to shave the back of the trunk. No Accord, or LX or Honda signs.... I may keep the cheap SiR sign, just cuz it's red :). That and the "H"s Umm.... Everything that's black, or that "moulding gray" except for the black parts of the doors and windows... will be body matched... so basically the rear trunk and mouldings will match the car. I thinkit'll look pretty clean when done... All in all im looking to spend 1000 bucks in the entire project.

Tell me what you think!

3G Jester
06-08-2003, 08:30 PM
sounds hott as hell.
if you keep the SiR...ill slap you. im thinkin gold H's for the hott-ness. that shit would look sooo nice on the white.

where are you going for your paint and how much will paint alone be? im looking at getting repainted with all the bondo work ive done. Are you getting the paint through them or are you supllying the paint? wahtt kidna paint and where?

Just bassically gimme all the details :) :wave: thanks!

HondaManDan
06-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Lol, i get them to you when i figure it out. I'm visiting some places tomorrow when im off work. I'll let ya know.

KoNEY
10-12-2003, 08:34 PM
i found a local dealer that can sell ALL honda paints premixed for 114 bucks a gallon, i mean everything from the 10th anniversary green on the 4g's, to the teg type r championship white, to nsx indy yellow, to civic type r vogue silver, vtec prelude pearl white or red, del sol samba green pearl (which is bad-ass over a silver basecoat) and other colors from 90-and up