PDA

View Full Version : Ok 5 speed swap time????

AccordEpicenter
05-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Ok im trying to gauge how long its gonna take me to do the 5 speed swap, how long did it take you guys? I was thinking about installing the pedals one day and then doing the swap start to finish in about 2 days or so... What do you think?

YK86
05-28-2003, 09:03 PM
2 full days should be a good estimate. There's always a few "fine tuning" things you need to do and the odd bolts that snap and stuff that cause delays. Good luck!

AccordEpicenter
05-28-2003, 09:25 PM
ok, cool. Im also gonna do the rear main seal while i have it all apart, i think its leaking anyways so im gonna change it... even if it didnt leak... after i get it back together and if it starts leaking id kill myself. Also, what part number is the honda clutch kit? Is it 22105-PH4-A01? I may have found myself a clutch if it is.... Also where is a good place to get throwout bearings? I hear koyos are good, and so are the hondas but the hondas are expensive and I cant find the koyos

YK86
05-28-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure if they have it in the US but look for Altrom bearings. They are the same as Honda bearings but repackaged in a plain box and much cheaper (I think both Honda and Altrom were NTN or NSK but both are good companies). I went with Fenco (aftermarket company) for my clutch. I'm not sure on the Honda part number.

goldyaccord
05-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by YK86
I'm not sure if they have it in the US but look for Altrom bearings. They are the same as Honda bearings but repackaged in a plain box and much cheaper (I think both Honda and Altrom were NTN or NSK but both are good companies). I went with Fenco (aftermarket company) for my clutch. I'm not sure on the Honda part number.

You might have some luck with Altrom products here
http://www.burnabyauto.com/brands.htm

AccordEpicenter
05-29-2003, 07:10 PM
i confirmed the honda clutch number is for an lxi. Also, i found an nsk throwout bearing on nopi for like $21... It sounds like a deal to me, what do you guys think? How slow is nopi on their transactions anyways... i wanna get this mofo installed soon.

YK86
05-29-2003, 09:39 PM
That's a good deal. As for Burnaby Auto, they are 40 minutes away from my place. They have great prices.

AccordEpicenter
05-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Doh.... man i got outbidded bigtime. They had a brand new genuine honda clutch disk and pressure plate on ebay, It was at $26 when i bidded, and i went much higher, $76 thinking nobody would get the bidding that high in an hour... wrong again. Oh well has anybody used an Exedy/Daikin clutch and how good did they work? I hear they are supposed to be very good for the money, also they were used in integras and a few other hondas as oem equipment, they left the factory with them, I know a guy that has one on his Subaru, and he had a 4 puck race clutch and he likes this one better.

88LXi68
05-30-2003, 07:09 AM
It should take about a weekend to complete the conversion. I found that the hardest part is to put the pedals in, because of the akward position you have to be in and the tight area to manuever them. Otherwise it is all pretty much straightforward. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

AccordEpicenter
05-30-2003, 07:10 AM
Thats what im thinking... thanks. Im just waiting for parts now and a good weekend to do it