PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

spanky5485
05-29-2003, 05:00 AM
Hey guys,
i hope that i am posting this in the rigth forum, but i have a problem. i was driving aroun in my 88' and was driving it pretty hard. When all of a sudden i heard this horrible popping noise, and i was like oh shit, but nothing happened to the car. Well no it's a couple of weeks later and i went to go run the hellout of my car last nigth when on came the engine check valve. i was worried, so i turned it off then i restarted it, no problems. but now it seems if i ever go out the engine check light comes on even if i dont dive it hard. also i have found another problem, whenever i shut my car off it makes this weird hissing noise like after i take out the key in such kind of like it is decompressureizing* or something, its scarin' the shit out of me. ::mad:

i was hoping that someone on the board has had this problem and knows what it is or what to do about it, so i can atleast give the guys at the shop a heads up so they don't charge me like 8 billion dollars.

thanks for all your input

Ryan

1988starter
05-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Ok first thing you need to do is check the code for the check engine light we have been discussing it in this thread then count the number of blinks on the ecu (refer to thread) and check it agenst the code sheetc (also in thread) when you know what is wrong check back
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18333