PDA

View Full Version : B-series mounts!!

Kevin
05-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Instead, of the expensive mount kit to use the b-series moter counld not just use the a set of compleat stock B-series mounts??? I noticed on my friends civic si that the mounts bolt up around the same place that ours do!!He has a compleat set of lightly used mounts for like 100 bucks!!!:super:

Tref_LXI
05-29-2003, 11:14 AM
well measure each distance and then find out where they line up with some engines.

OldSchoolSwap
05-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Nope, won't work. :(
but here, i got them cheaper then place racing :) http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16722

Kevin
05-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Why Not???

89AccordLvr
05-30-2003, 04:54 PM
trust oldschool when he says it cuz he did the swap

Kevin
06-01-2003, 09:38 PM
ok!! Than what do the stupid moter mount kits we need doo??

OldSchoolSwap
06-02-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Kevin
ok!! Than what do the stupid moter mount kits we need doo??
I see you live in Florida, check out the "lets meet" section, we are going up to Orlando on the 14th ............. http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17198
to cut to the chase :)

Anyway, to answer your question........

Our cars come with the A20 motor witch in turn come with completely diffrent mounts than a B series motor. Why you ask? I sugest you talk to Mr. Honda ;)

Civics are able to take B series motors with ease due to very similar chassis between Integras, Del Sols and other B series vehicles. This is why you are able to use factory integra mounts on civics and have the perfect OEM swap!

But no, not our cars. We have no other vehicle that is similar to any other vehicles that carry the B series motor. The only one that even comes close but will NOT work, is the 90-91 Teg.
Place Racing took the time and effort to create the special relocating mounts and design the perfect setup for our generation.
I am currently using them on my B16 and they work great, not a single problem to date. They are also Lifetime Warranty and are uretherane mounts (stronger than rubber stock mounts).

I hope this helped on your questions and ask away if you have anymore, i'll try to answer as best i can.

Kevin
06-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Sweet!!! Cool thanks!! I didnt realize that our cars are that odd out of the honda litter!! :) Ill Be out there for hot import nights!! Who has the blue hatch in the pic on the thred!! That looks like my car--But alot better!!!