PDA

View Full Version : Seat compatibility

89accordLXiAllAudio
05-29-2003, 10:45 AM
hey i'm planning on checking out a junkyard this weekend to find a few things for the 3g but my main concern is getting new front seats, rear would be nice also, but front more important. Is it hard to put new seats in? what does that involve? also, do i have to look for just other 3g seats? or would seats from other cars work? any help would be great, thanks

crwa
05-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Seats are just unbolt and bolt in, but thats only 86-89 seats, other seat would have to be odified to fit, so that mean new brackets are sliders, or some drillin through the floor for some new bracket holes. I think bolt pattersn are different from sedans to coupes also, so if you have a 4 door, then get 4 door seats...

89accordLXiAllAudio
05-29-2003, 03:52 PM
so youre saying i should go for exactly my car?

89AccordLvr
05-29-2003, 04:36 PM
what other 3g accord REAR seats would fit in a 1989 ACCORD HATCH

HostileJava
05-30-2003, 09:21 AM
The coupe seats might fit, but i doubt it. I would tend to think if you want to replace the rear seats in your hatch your going to have to get the rear seats out of another hatch.

89AccordLvr
05-30-2003, 10:33 AM
k thanx

88 Accord DX
05-30-2003, 10:44 AM
along these lines......

i have a DX. lets say i wanted to get back seats that can fold down. would this be possible???

88' Accord Ltd
05-30-2003, 01:44 PM
Yes but you have to mount the hinges and take the entire back seat and the locking assembly. Also hatch seats will fit in a sedan, I have them in there already. You do have to change one of the sliders on the bottom though. But for the 30 minutes of work I did on them, it was well worth it!

89AccordLXI666
05-31-2003, 08:29 PM
Ok I have an 86 Accord sedan LX and I still have my 89 Accord LX-i that I crashed a while back and I'm using it for parts... well I tried using the 89 Accord LX-i front seats and they wouldn't line up correctly, the sliders where too long I guess.... n e thing I could do... cuz I swaped the interiors cuz I like the black/tan interior and I already swapped the back seats which is now tan, did the door panels which is now black and tan, and I still have to swap the dash boars, and all I really have left to do is figure out a way to use the tan front seats from the 89 Accord LX-i and swap em over to the 86 Accord LX sedan.... keep in mind that the 89 LX-i is also a sedan, dunno if theres a difference, but thought u should know.... but n e ways, is there something I can do, am I missing something??? Can some buddy help me please!!! ;-) Thanks

88' Accord Ltd
06-01-2003, 07:01 PM
I put 86 ex-i seats in my 86 lx with no troubles. Mind you they are the same years... You can just change the sliders on the bottom of the seats to make it fit. Thats what I had to do with the hatch seats.