PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP

tommy_gunZ
05-29-2003, 10:44 PM
ok so heres the deal i was installing my cheapo make due for now cd player in a hurry one day and kinda accidently clipped the wires for the lighter, and now i gets no dash lights what so ever so are the lighter wires somehow worked into the dash lights? see when i was trying to figure out why the dash lights werent working i kinda bumped the cd player (not bolted down yet) and it moved and my dash lights came on HOWEVER the area behind the cd player started smoking come to find out i had apparently melted one of the red lighter wires and cut it nearly in half i tried splicing another wires over the fucked up one and nothing no dash lights i also checked all fuses i could find so my question is this is there a fuse that contgrols the dash lights that i dont know about?!
also for some reason my settings dont stay on once i turn the car on, now i know that means no power going to the constant on so i think i have it wired SLIGHTLY wrong, and yes no wiring harness when i bought it. and for everyone who wants to know im going cheapo for now while i pay off the 87 accord sedan LXI (500 more owed) and in the mean time pay for the new clutch to get installed! so i installed my cousins new fancy pioneer cd player with the screen saver into his 97 grand prix gt tonight in return he bought me a set of 6.5" lightning audio speakers ima use up front, my goal tho is a set of decent 6" rear subwoofers with dual voice coils. i know CHEAP but it will sound ok while i ALSO save for my pioneer cd player not the one with the screen saver the next model down.god those pioneer cd players stomp when there hooked up to pioneer 6.5's front and 6X9" rears BTW rear speakers in a 97 grand prix GT are a PITA (pain in the ass) to change!!!!!

88LX-iSedan
05-30-2003, 01:04 AM
More than likely... Fuse 11 (10A), In the fuse compartment under the hood.

AccordEpicenter
05-30-2003, 04:38 AM
if you didnt blow the fuse you probably blew the lighting control module under the steering column in that plastic cover (not the black one, the dashboard colored one) you know, the one with the your-lights-are-still-on-you-moron ding dong bell.