PDA

View Full Version : engine overheating problem? really sucks

Microstreak
05-30-2003, 09:22 PM
lately ive been noticing that my engine overheats alot, i drive pretty hard. whenever i make u turns the oil light comes on for a few mins (im guessing the oil jus sloshed to the side and the sensor can't detect that much oil on the bottom. anyway, its really annoying, is there a way to be able to better cool my a20a3? b/c if it gets too hot then i have to wait to let it cool down or get the fans to kick in. i don't wanna end up blowing th eengine up or end up stranded somewhre after the engine does overheat completely.

Is there anything i can do to help solve this. I just got back from 7 11, a guy w/ a 3g coupe si was jus standing in front of his car while smoke was coming out. I talked to him and gave him some advice about what i normally do. i asked him if he has or is considering to replace the radiator, he said he just did too. I feel bad for him too, b/c that could easily be me. I just try to be more careful. i used to drive a 93 corolla le, drove the car extremely hard, just as hard if not harder than my 3g, i never had a problem w/ the needle going over half way. Does anybody else have this problem?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-30-2003, 09:27 PM
I had a similar problem a few months ago.. Then I noticed I had a small leak on one of the hoses.. check all ur hoses.. How is ur coolant level? Also check all ur sensors.. Or Get a an Engine Swap! :)

A Dawg Jr
05-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Or don't drive it so hard :D................................................ ...............................WHAT?!?!?!?

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Quite possibly a stuck thermostat. Not a bad idea to replace it anyways just to have a new one, they're only about $3.00. Mine is currently sticking open and not allowing my engine to heat up all the way, and MPG is suffering.

rocky2
05-31-2003, 04:28 AM
try flushing system out several times. 3-g's at times have much-o rust in there

iamvandemon
05-31-2003, 04:52 AM
yea bro, check all your hoses, flush the system, and replace your thermo.. no use warping the head from something so simple...

'A20A3'
05-31-2003, 06:18 AM
i agree with them. mine has started overheating a little now and 3 of my hoses leak!! i'm just waiting here for my dad to get back from autozone so we can fix it...full flush and fresh coolant...sounds nice...:D

easyryder
06-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Take all the advice given above .They are right,further try pressure washing the radiator (you also may have a build up of dirt)

AccordEpicenter
06-02-2003, 09:57 PM
be careful, if the oil light is on then the engine has no oil pressure, thats a dangerous condition, it doesnt take long for an engine to become severly damaged by driving around with it on... a few minutes maybe.

1988starter
06-03-2003, 09:16 AM
what weight oil are you using it may be becoming too thin with the excessive engine heat.

shepherd79
06-03-2003, 01:12 PM
if the oil light is comming on, you are low on oil.
it is almost impossible to get oil light when you hard cornering with good oil level.

87accordlxph
06-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Also check your water pump and seals for noise like a shhhhhh sound. Check for leaks.

Mike