PDA

View Full Version : considering underbody lights, Neon or Led?

Chrome_thangs
05-31-2003, 01:42 AM
(If you aren't a fan of neon and such things please don't waste your time and mine in responding!):rolleyes:

I'm wanting to get some but haven't been able to decide between old fashioned neon and the more modern LED. LED would be more durable and you can make them blink and strobe, but is neon brighter? From the pictures i see the LED ones don't look like they throw off a lot of light.
Has anyone saw the LED kind in person? I'm looking for the "floating on a cloud effect" can the LED produce that effect? I know neon can.

HostileJava
05-31-2003, 06:16 AM
I would definetely go with LED. They're longer lasting and more durable. LED's can definetly by as bright as neon. Have you ever seen an LED flashlight? LED's can give that floating on cloud effect and also most kit's offer control boxes so you can set different scan patterns for the LED's if you want to.

Chrome_thangs
05-31-2003, 11:27 AM
thnx man!:pimp:

Chrome_thangs
06-01-2003, 02:21 AM
^

bobafett
06-01-2003, 05:13 PM
wow you bumped a 1 day old thread. :D

yeah led is better... for sure

cdscowboy
06-01-2003, 07:29 PM
LEDs...:D

TJ89Accord
06-01-2003, 09:36 PM
When I had my CRX, I found blue foglights at Pepboys, 10 bucks for 2. I got two for the front, and two for the back. Bolted them up under the car. It actually looked really good for only spending 20 bucks lol. Kinda ghetto, but oh well.

tim

Chrome_thangs
06-02-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by bobafett
wow you bumped a 1 day old thread. :D

yeah led is better... for sure :lol Just checking!

scandalcat1
06-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah, LED is proven to be brighter, longer lasting, and less power consuming.

crwa
06-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Just make sure that what ever you get is completely hidden. Cuz if not there is potential for damage as well as theft. Have you considered just getting underbody strobes???

Do you do shows or do you jst want them for looks??? I'd say unless you chill at car meet places or go to races there not worth having, for you can't drive with them on and most average people are haters and will probably make fun of them... Just consider how oftne they would be used, if you go meet places with othe imports then go for it, but if your just sitten the McDonalds parking lot with people in your car then don't waste the cash on them...

Chrome_thangs
06-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by crwa
Just make sure that what ever you get is completely hidden. Cuz if not there is potential for damage as well as theft. Have you considered just getting underbody strobes???

Do you do shows or do you jst want them for looks??? I'd say unless you chill at car meet places or go to races there not worth having, for you can't drive with them on and most average people are haters and will probably make fun of them... Just consider how oftne they would be used, if you go meet places with othe imports then go for it, but if your just sitten the McDonalds parking lot with people in your car then don't waste the cash on them... :lol too late they arrived this morning! i'll post pics after the install.