PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with ACT

Rich87HB
05-31-2003, 11:35 AM
I had recently purchased and ACT clutch kit, installed it, gave it a few hundred miles to break in, then when i was able to finally rip on it i had found that this clutch is a P.O.S. It would not release properly in the high rpm. Wind it up to 6,000 rpm in any gear, try to shift to then next gear, wouldnt happen, u could not get the trans into the next gate, it would stick. Which would result in really slow shifts, and to me thats not a performance clutch. So i called ACT up on it and they basically told me to go fuck myself. They insisted it wasn't the clutch at fault, it had to be something else, just rambling off random shit. They totally didnt stand behind there product. The bottom line, i was an unsatisfied customer, the damn thing didnt work properly. Do u think they would attempt to correct the situation, send me a replacement? F*ck no, they wanted me to tear it out and send it back so they could test it. I said Bullshit, if i tear it out u can f*cken keep it and i want my money back. And thats where i am at with these people right now, i bought an OEM clutch and sent the ACT back to them, have no idea if ill ever see my 260 bucks. What i am trying to get across is that ACT has a shitty business ethic, and they dont stand behind there product. If u encounter a problem with there product its a big hairy deal to get it taken care of, if they even take care of it. I dont recommend doing any business with them. Not to mention the OEM Honda clutch i put in is far better, it grabs good, is very smooth, and it lets me bang out shifts and grab gears at hi rpm like a properly funtioning clutch should! Which obviously shows that the ACT clutch was at fault. Put a stock honda clutch in it everything is perfect. Unless you are running some serious, serious power (200+hp) i really dont see a need for an aftermaket clutch, stick with stock it makes life alittle easier not to mention CHEAPER!
Sorry for the long post fellas,but i had to get my point across.
Thanks for listening

AccordEpicenter
05-31-2003, 02:21 PM
Yea ive heard many people had problems with big performance clutches, a few broke some trannies etc. Stock clutches are usually pretty good because they are really smooth and provide good holding power too. Im going to try an Exedy/Dailkin clutch and see how it goes for the 5 speed swap... we will see.

Morpheus
05-31-2003, 03:19 PM
I hope u got ur money back.
My clutch still holds ok, I think it was replaced at 100k, prolly due for a new one soon.

RobT5580
05-31-2003, 07:18 PM
ACT Products are pretty good from my experiences and from others so im not sure why your having the problem that you do have.