PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest Question Ever Asked

od2681
05-31-2003, 03:37 PM
ok...this really is the stupidest question i will ever ask...but i seriously dont know
what stuff do i need for a motor swap....
i know that you need
motor
tranny
ecu
mounts
axle
like if i were to put a b16a motor....what else would i need
seriously dont let the DX user thing fool you..i dont know that much
im askin you all cuzz you are all considerate and nice and stuff..lol
pls if you are gonna flame me on this pls dont reply...cuzz that would just not help me..
if you are gonna help me...thank you in advance

89AccordLvr
05-31-2003, 03:39 PM
this is not flaming you at all but the search button helps a whole lot and the faq's help too. just go to search and type b16a and u should get a whole shit load of threads. happy searching.

Morpheus
05-31-2003, 03:53 PM
I've seen stupider questions.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by od2681
ok...this really is the stupidest question i will ever ask...but i seriously dont know
what stuff do i need for a motor swap....
i know that you need
motor
tranny
ecu
mounts
axle
like if i were to put a b16a motor....what else would i need
seriously dont let the DX user thing fool you..i dont know that much
im askin you all cuzz you are all considerate and nice and stuff..lol
pls if you are gonna flame me on this pls dont reply...cuzz that would just not help me..
if you are gonna help me...thank you in advance

Well first it depends if ur car if EFI or Carb... If it's EFI than it makes things easier.. Then Prepare yourself mentally for set backs and be ready to shell out some money. Before you get the engine you need to decide what wire set up you want.. Being that our cars are "PRE-OBD" makes things a bit difficult.. Or you can choose an OBD-1 set up ( BEST SET UP )...Once you decide that you can choose an engine.. Try to pick an engine that suits your price range and OBD choice.. If you choose "PRE-OBD" then Get a B16a if u choose "OBD-1 get an engine before 96( Does are OBD-2) You don't want to spend extra money replacing the parts to convert to "PRE-OBD" or OBD-1. So You will need a MOTOR, ECU , CABLE TRANNY , PRI AXLES, CUSTOM B-SERIES SHIFT ROD, & THE WIRE HARNESS.. SOME OF THESE PARTS CAN BE PURCHASED OF RACING_IMPULSE.. I SUGGEST YOU GO THAT ROUTE.. ALso you can Swap in a JDM B20a which is the easiest swap for our cars. But I don't know much about that so I will not tell you what you need, cause I dont know.. :).. Good Luck!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-31-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordLvr
this is not flaming you at all but the search button helps a whole lot and the faq's help too. just go to search and type b16a and u should get a whole shit load of threads. happy searching.

Originally posted by Morpheus
I've seen stupider questions.

If you don't intend to help, don't post!

od2681
05-31-2003, 04:16 PM
thanks....you all...oh yeah i found the searches too..so that helped...thanks for you alls help...right now no money for this stuff but fixin to save....
dont know what to do..i want to get headers, cam regrind, pistons, and port and polish...i think 2000 should be enuff for that...but what do you all think is better considerin that im not htat rich and dont make that much moeny and wont be doin my own work....

OldSchoolSwap
06-01-2003, 06:19 PM
First you must sit and think about it real hard....... ask yourself these questions.

-How much money do i make
-Can i afford to have a swap in the future
-How fast do i want to go in my car
-What mods can i do to my existing engine and will i be happy once i reach the limits.
-Is it worth swaping a lower miealage engine that has more power from factory and will take millions of aftermarket parts?
-Or, should i rebuild my engine soon and stick to the limited aftermarket parts available and be happy with the power results?

All this and more......

This is just to help you make a decision, if your into hardcore racing then "engine swaps" are for you. If you like to cruise and have some decent power in the future, then moding your motor can take you to good power ranges as well untill you reach that wall.

od2681
06-01-2003, 07:20 PM
well actually i cant get my mind straight...i had a plan of getin cam regrind, headers, pistons and port and polish..well now my friend tells me a better path would be to get my motor rebuilt and get 50 shot nitrous..so i can use it if i wanted to..even that sounds good..actually sounds better....but i think i will need better pistons for that arethere anymore things i would need with 50 shot...but these all would be in the far future...closer would be the motor rebuilt cuz i always wanted to do that...

87accordHB
06-25-2003, 10:09 AM
they wont flame you but i will you dumbass mutha****r!!! hehehehe, just joking :) seems like they already helped ya!