PDA

View Full Version : did my engine swap. need help to start it

jerky_lxi
06-01-2003, 02:35 PM
hey guys i just got my engine put in the bay and installed everything on the engine. I think i have a ground in the wrong place. Ok the car WILL NOT START if i push the clutch + brake, but only if i push clutch and hold down the gas i will get it to start. We checked the timing and its off by a tiny bit, but should not be the reason it is not running without giving it gas. I really do need help from you guys, and if you dont help me then i will have to pay more money to get a honda repair shop to get it running.

jerky_lxi
06-01-2003, 02:40 PM
here is a bit more info on my swap
it was a a20a3 engine that i put in with under 50k so its in good shape. I think i have the ground wires messed up because i have it installed to the left of the engine both ground wires are connected together by a screw and the other ground wires are connected into the screw that holds the ignitor on. I have the right ground connected correctly from the camshaft cover to the chasis.

jerky_lxi
06-01-2003, 06:10 PM
i was able to drive the car out of the garage while it peeled out cause i could not tell the rpms i was at and i installed quite a few performance mods on it. Someone please tell me what this could be?

infecto
06-01-2003, 06:56 PM
First of all that last post made no sense at all.....second of your best bet would be to buy a tech manual...that should tell you where everything goes. And try for one of the actual honda mechanics books usually those are better then chiltons etc.

jerky_lxi
06-01-2003, 09:00 PM
sorry my last past didnt make much sense. I have no lights or instruments working anymore due to a ground being in the wrong place now. So i cant tell my rpms or speed. I looked at my hanes manual front to back many times looking for a description as to where it the grounds go. If someone could post a picture of their ground wires connected in the right spots that would be really helpful.

ACCORD EX
06-01-2003, 11:46 PM
one is connected to the tranny , and other is from valve cover to the body above the radiator !

MIKE

anchovies
06-02-2003, 12:14 AM
try to download the manual in the FAQ section

A20A1
06-02-2003, 12:27 AM
and there is another ground wire fron the wire harness to the thermostat... well on the LX there is.

ACCORD EX
06-02-2003, 05:36 AM
hey Mike what have you done to your Accord ! ( in the singature ! ) :)

MIKE

infecto
06-02-2003, 05:49 AM
Yeah hanes manuals and chiltons while get the job done kind of suck...the best are the mechanics tech manual to be honest.

jerky_lxi
06-02-2003, 10:13 AM
ok guys can one of you please take a picture of all 3 ground wires and where they are connected exactly. I am going to have to take this car into the shop if i cant get the ground wires shorted out. We checked the timing and its a tad bit off. The t is about 1/2 an inch away from the timing point, how do i get this in the correct spot without messing with the timing belt?

jerky_lxi
06-02-2003, 02:02 PM
pictures please