PDA

View Full Version : dim headlight, any help?

buish
06-01-2003, 10:12 PM
my passenger side headlight is way brighter than my driver side. i switched the headlights and nothing was wrong with them. just that the driver side is dim. also, both headlights are the same have same wattage.

i swapped the fuses by the steering wheel with the rear defroster and same thing. the thing i noticed is, when only the fuse for the R low beam is in, the passenger light is fine and driver side light does not light up. when only the fuse for the L low beam is in, both headlights light up, but both are dim.

i've searched through previous threads, and the thing i came up with is to check the wires by the headlight and make sure that they aren't cracked or something? my combo switch is fine, right, since the headlights do light up? are there any more suggestions to help fix this problem?

Mike89Accordcom
06-02-2003, 01:09 AM
make sure they are level. Sometimes when aimed wrong, one can look that way....

buish
06-02-2003, 01:17 AM
i'm pretty sure the driver side is messed up. especially at far distances or from reflection of the car in front of me, it only looks like 1 headlight is working.

ACCORD EX
06-02-2003, 05:47 AM
i see a short somewhere ! :)

what if you turn on the highest beam with out turning any of the others ( flashing > holding the light lever towards you ) ??

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
06-02-2003, 08:39 AM
check your ground

buish
06-02-2003, 04:26 PM
ok, found the problem. turns out one of the three wires running into the headlight was frayed. i guess from old age. i used some extra wire laying around and spliced it right in. headlight looks good now. just have to see it at night, but i think it is no longer dim.

thanks for your help.