PDA

View Full Version : Math question:

Immeraufdemhund
06-02-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to figure out how much air a 6.5" woofer (not subwoofer) displaces so i can build a box accordingly. I have 2 6.5" woofers and one tweeter. I was thinking about a 10" passive sub, but decided against it. I'm a little familiar with the different way boxes are made but i just dont know dimensions. I"ll eventually use this info so when i redo the trunk of my accord i will have those set up instead of a sub and car speakers. I figure that since our klipsch home speakers kick my car's system I want something similar. So if anyone can through me a formula, or link, that would be helpful. Thanx all.

HostileJava
06-02-2003, 11:49 AM
That's a really tough question to answer. I would imagine it depends on the diameter of the cone, the depth of the cone, and the throw of the cone. You'd probably be better off trying to look it up.

od2681
06-02-2003, 12:11 PM
isnt the equation for that D=d2-d1....but i dont know how that would work...

AccordEpicenter
06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
the best you can do is guess. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, but a good ballpark estimate will do

Immeraufdemhund
06-03-2003, 05:37 AM
sounds good to me. I was starting to read up on that info that we are supposed to memorize and i found out there is a bit of math to it, so i'm just guessing. Thanx though.