PDA

View Full Version : Side Skirts -- which will fit?

gr3k0sLaV
06-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Alright im getting a spoiler and a cr-x front lip in the next couple of months, so im searching for a set of side skirts which would fit my car?

Mines 4dr and im curious as to which side skirts from other Honda's would easily fit......ive found a dude who is selling 'em for other Honda's but not for gen3 accords, but he reckons i should be able to fit one on from another car with some slight mods.........

any ideas?

Vanilla Sky
06-05-2002, 08:23 PM
try a ford taurus... the newer ones... they should be about right

Derick

YK86
06-05-2002, 11:30 PM
From what I read and see, any side skirt that just butts up against the rocker panels with no pieces climbing higher (like up the fenders) should fit. Just like on Digitized's side skirts, cut it off if it's too long and butt the cut end against the front mud flap. Again, this is just what I read and what I guess when looking at other skirts. You'll need to do your own measuring to make sure they fit.

Vanilla Sky
06-06-2002, 07:45 PM
the reason i say to look at the taurus skirts is because they are two piece, and you can cut it in the middle and not ever notice it... and they are styled quite nicely

Derick

gr3k0sLaV
06-06-2002, 07:57 PM
Anyoen have a photo of digitized side skirts? cant seem to find him...

also should the measurements of the side skirts be in metres?

im without a tape measure.

FOrd Taurus? ive never heard of one here, dont think they are available here. What about skirts from lancers? even gen 3 preludes? or even newer model preludes?

Vanilla Sky
06-06-2002, 08:43 PM
try a 6th gen accord... they too have two piece skirts and are styled a bit more closely to our car then the taurus skirts...

the reason you haven't heard of a taurus is because it's a north american product only... be glad you don't have them there...
i think the Mondeo(assuming you have it there) is a smaller version

Derick

3rdGenMartyr
06-06-2002, 09:39 PM
vis racing makes a prelude kit, but it wont fit without some major mods, ive already thought of the lude

try an iroc body camaro rs

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Hey itch, what year taurus has the sideskirts your taling about?

Vanilla Sky
06-07-2002, 03:14 AM
the past two generations, the last one in particular

Derick

i'll try to fetch a pic

Vanilla Sky
06-07-2002, 03:42 AM
http://www.fordvehicles.com/images/cars/views/TRS02SEW_gallery_exterior_1.jpg
http://www.auto.com/art/reviews/2000_autos/2000_ford_taurus/1105_ford_taurus_red.jpg

the ones i particurly like are on the new wagons (the one you really can't see up top)

Derick

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-08-2002, 12:49 AM
cool thanx, pics help :super: