PDA

View Full Version : Crazy tach when starting up

carotman
06-02-2003, 04:41 PM
My tach goes crazy when I start the car. It's absolutely fine when the car runs but it bounces fast from 0 to 3500 rpm when I start the car. I think it might be because I have an MSD ignition with a blaster 3 coil but I'm not sure..

Anyone has a clue?

carotman
06-02-2003, 04:45 PM
I guess I'll just try to reassemble my other distributor and see if it does the same thing... I'm sure the problem is the distributor but I wanted to check with you guys first.

Sabz5150
06-02-2003, 05:41 PM
When my first distrubitor died, my tach went apeshit. Even at idle it would slam all the way around past 8 grand... engine would idle just fine.

New dizzy time?

buish
06-02-2003, 07:06 PM
yeah, i just have gotten this problem lately. be like this for most of the short drives around town. but when i restart car again, it usually goes back to normal. don't know what the problem is though.

AccordEpicenter
06-02-2003, 09:52 PM
yah if the tach is jumping around, listen for a small noise in the distributor, it should sound like a small pebble kicking around in the distributor, if it is, then youre distributor is dying... its not dead yet but sooner or later its gonna go if its making noises.