PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injectors

Justin86
06-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Ok this really pisses me off. My dumb ass littles brother was messing around with my injectors and dropped one of those little filters that are inserted on the top of the injector. Him not even noticing steped on the filter thingie and crushed it. I need to know if I really need this and if I do where can I get one and how much?:mad:

AZmike
06-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Do you have any pull-a-part junkyards nearby? It would be free from there. I'm not sure how important those filters are since they're after the main fuel filter.

Justin86
06-03-2003, 09:23 AM
The junk yards that I know would have the parts would have allready stripped everything down and have it inside a building.

DBMaster
06-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Maybe someone on here could give you one from a fuel injector they are replacing. It does not look like even Honda sells this pice separately. Though, the ones I looked at inside the injectors I replaced all looked spotless. This is really just an emergency backup after the fuel filter just in case.

you can run it for a while without it if you have to and I doubt you will have any problems.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-03-2003, 11:08 AM
You can run without it for awile, but you do need it for the car to actually run right. Without it you'll be getting too much gas and it will run rich (trust me I lost one too, been there done that). I think I may have an extra injector with the filter in it somewhere, I'll look later tonight and see if I can find it.

Justin86
06-03-2003, 01:49 PM
I will leave it as is until I can get another. thanks