PDA

View Full Version : SO MANY WIRES..what do they All MEAN?!?!

Rosen99
06-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Does anybody have any idea what the hell all those damn wires in an '89 Accord engine are there for....i mean...do they play an overall importance in the way the car runs....obviously this is a dumb question but there are some things ive noticed in my engine bay that have like 5 or 6 things coming out of them and when i foloow them they seriously lead to nothing....i cant post up pics to point hings out but if anyone has any experience in this area..could u get in touch w/ me so i could send u some pics so u could help me out...it would be greatly appreciated...

DanG86LX
06-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Well, I got a carb and carb ppl complain about vacuum lines. It seems reasonable that EFI gays found to many wires, sensors and $#!+. :barf:

87accordlxph
06-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Sorry I screwed up here.

87accordlxph
06-03-2003, 01:39 PM
All those wires are actually vaccume hoses for emission purposes.
They are needed to make your car run cleaner basically. I.e. Lower the COx content and NOx that the exhaust puts out into the atmosphere. W/o these hoses, your car will do all sorts of crazy crap like backfire, idle high, idle low, poor gas milage, you name it... if these hoses leak then you get a performance bog and bad gas millage you also need to test various equipment as well. These hoses do come from the control box under the hood and do lead to valves, carb, distributor, sensors, canisters to name a few.

Sorry I don't have a digi cam to show you but you can explorer this board for vaccume hoses or emissions, also check out ppls website. There is a lot of info on whatever you need answers for on this board.

Hopefully this will help you out a little.

Mike