PDA

View Full Version : Progress springs and Koni Shocks

smufguy
06-03-2003, 05:07 PM
I been Waiting to get a set of 4 progress springs and Koni Struts.

So far, the cheapest i have seen for the Progress springs is $148 with free shipping from Digital Racer.

http://www.digitalracer.com/catalog/category_product_detail.asp?pid=6050

as for the Koni struts, The only prices i Have seen is from Shox.com and it was for $425

http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxshop/productsdisplay.php

IS there anyplace i could get these things cheaper. I have checked Optautos or what not and they dont carry koni struts for our cars but their springs is for $149 excluding shipping.

Any input would be of great help. Thanks

Jims 86LXI HB
06-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Actually with you finding the springs with free shipping your found you own best deal. No one has the Koni's for less. And isn't shox still offering free shipping with the koni's?

smufguy
06-04-2003, 05:41 AM
oh yeah it said that i have free shipping on the Koni Struts. So as of now i got $425 + $148 = $573. Around $600 bucks so far just on the suspension. And all i have in the bank is around $450. So all i need is just another $150 and god i got myself my own suspension. Well this weekend. I should be making enough money to get around that $150 bucks cause I got 3 more weekends before I get everything set and get my car repainted before i go see my girlfriend.

So Jim, after a long long long time and all the bugging i did to you, seems like i might be finally getting the suspension parts huh? :D. You are the best dude for anything buddy.

AZmike
06-04-2003, 08:17 AM
When I tried to order my Konis from shox.com they were out of stock and didn't expect any until mid June. I suppose they might have them early, but don't assume they have any until you call. Tirerack was only about $20 more since shipping wasn't included in their price.

smufguy
06-04-2003, 10:35 AM
well from tire rack, u had to order all the 4 struts seperately and i end up with a Grand Total: $447.78. Well that extra $20 or so is not what im not able to pay.

AZmike
06-04-2003, 11:10 AM
As long as you can wait for shox.com to get them back in stock it shouldn't be a problem. I figured if I was willing to spend $425 why not spend another 5% so I didn't have to wait a month to get them.

smufguy
06-04-2003, 06:26 PM
i can wait till the begining of july. Thats all i can wait. I have to go see my gurl on July 5th. So before that, i need to get my car done and repainted and the suspension in. I will worry about the rims and tires later.

smufguy
06-09-2003, 09:23 AM
okay here is the update on it.

Tire rack does not have the front konis and they got rears in stock. Fronts will be in during the mid of july.

Shox.com does not have front knois but they got the rears in stock. Fronts will be in during the end of june in the wearhouse in Kentucky.

89AccordLvr
06-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Is Progress Springs pretty good does anyone have them or heard bout there quality?

smufguy
06-13-2003, 08:57 AM
progress group springs are one of the best you can ever find. They are rated as close to being good as H&R springs. In my prespective, Progress springs beat any springs out there for 150 bucks or even 300 bucks as a matter of fact. They got excellent spring rates and the very first time i heard about it was around Mid of Last year thru JIM (Our suspension god) when i wa lookin for springs.

IF u want springs, progress group springs is the way to go. Do know that u need front camber kit or 2nd gen upper control arms to fix the camber due to the drop. The progress group springs lower ur car 2" and thats the only option.

markmdz89hatch
06-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Justanothermike has the progress springs. He's actually one of the owners/partners at OpenLoop in Cali.

http://www.openloopmotorsports.com/

That was my second choice in springs. B&G was my first choice. With knowing what I know now, Progress would be choice mainly b/c I have some distaste in my mouth for B&G b/c they're springs sagged like no tomorrow. I would only reccomend the Progress springs for someone who's not looking for a nice comfortable ride, but rather a hard, tail-bone breaking ride. These springs are no joke, they're hard as hell. But as long as you're willing to look past an ass-hard ride, you'll certainly benefit by the "handles like it's on rails" ride that they'll deliver.

I'm sure Jim will agree that aside from a revalved Billstein, Koni is not only a great choice, but really the only smart choice. (Of course there's always the ability to revalve a Koni as well, for that even tighter ride.)

89AccordLvr
06-13-2003, 11:09 AM
is a 2 inch drop on 16 inch rims gonna get rid of most of the wheel gap but not tucked in? Does anybody know? Because I'm trying to decide if thats good enough or if I should go with Ractive coilovers so i can adjust my height.

87AccordsterLx
06-13-2003, 12:47 PM
2in will not tuck the tires... I believe a 2.5 or greater will do it. 2.25 will sit the tire level with the wheel well.

goldyaccord
06-13-2003, 02:50 PM
2.75 will just about touch the top tire.

87AccordsterLx
06-13-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by goldyaccord
2.75 will just about touch the top tire.

hmm... ours must be different... When i measured mine a 2.25in would set it level with the tire.

AZmike
06-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
hmm... ours must be different... When i measured mine a 2.25in would set it level with the tire.

The weight difference between the sedan and hatchback (and a different amount of junk in the trunk) could account for the small difference.