PDA

View Full Version : ??Does the 86-87 integra lip fit on my 3gee?

Chrome_thangs
06-04-2003, 08:16 PM
I've tried to research this but i get conflicting info. Exactly what modifications will have to be done? I broke down and ordered one from the dealership. Junkyards around here suck!

Mike89Accordcom
06-05-2003, 11:09 AM
You would have to modify it for sure. But anything can work.....just comes down to time, patience, and money......

Chrome_thangs
06-05-2003, 10:28 PM
How much mod? I know someone here has done it!

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-06-2003, 01:28 AM
i have a 86 teg lip, all i had to do was extend the middle 2 & 1/2 inches and it fits damn near perfect, your gonna need the middle piece from another teg lip, but if u cant find another teg lip u can try to use a crx lip end piece for the middle but its gonna be a little bigger so your gonna have to do some sanding/cutting but it can be made to blend with the rest of the lip!

Chrome_thangs
06-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Damn, so i will need two integra lips, huh?

89AccordLvr
06-06-2003, 08:25 AM
i think if u get a legend lip you dont need lots of modification on that

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-06-2003, 08:29 AM
well u really dont need 2 teg lips, i used the end piece from a crx lip for the middle of the lip, u just got to sand & cut it to match the rest of the lip, but it can be done with 1 teg lip (damn i wish i had a digi cam)

Chrome_thangs
06-06-2003, 04:55 PM
so it can be done w/ one lip? What would be the difference between modding it or not modding? Looks wise?

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-07-2003, 12:49 AM
with the end piece from the crx lip its damn near perfect, but.. its a lill bit taller and has a extra lill piece at the top of it that u will need to sand or cut off, if you dont do any modding to the crx lip part it wont look right, its bigger than the teg lip, u can try to experiment with no middle piece and see how it looks but i dont think it will looks right...

joker2
06-07-2003, 08:35 AM
OK, I'll give you a short how-to because if I remember right I was one of the first to do this on the old board...:D Well since the Integra lip is a little shorter, you're going to have to cut it right down the middle.... Then go to Pepboys or your local parts store and pick up some thin sheet metal, plastic filler, rivets and rivet gun..... Now place the cut lip onto your car and use tape to hold it there, now measure the distance in the center, where you made your cut, should be like 2 inches.... Now place the lip on a flat surface, get out your sheet metal and cut a square like 4 inches long and 2 inches wide or as wide as the face of the lip......

Now, I used rivets because I wanted the piece of mind that it wasn't going to come apart if I ever hit something..... Now I don't know what your actual measurements were but you're going to have to apply them to the piece of sheet metal that you cut.... So if your measurement was 2 inches and your piece is 4 inches long, count in 1 inch on both sides and make a horizontal line down the piece on those marks...... Now place each piece of the lip on the metal up to those marks and now you should see that the metal takes up that 2 inch gap..... Now take a drill and drill 4 holes straight through the lip and metal because rivets require holes to go in...... Now when you rivet the metal to the plastic remember to make sure that the end of the rivet with the flat head is on the inside of the lip because you don't want it showing... Once the rivets are in, the lip should be one solid piece now..... Recheck your work by placing the now solid lip onto the car, still using tape to hold it in place..... If you measured and did everything right, it should fit like a glove.....

Now take the plastic filler and fill in over the metal where that 2 inch gap is between the 2 plastic pieces...... Once it dries completely, get out your drimel or any other sander and sand down the excess plastic filler in the gap so that it's level with the rest of the lip..... And since you're at it, you might as well give the whole lip a good sanding as well because it's going to need the old oils and dirt removed before you can paint it anyway...... Once you have sanded and rechecked your work it's time for your paint...... Now hopefully that helps you out a little with this simple mod but when it's done it'll look nice.......:D

zip7
06-07-2003, 09:15 AM
hey, I like how the 88-89 lip fit on our car. It fit with no cutting of the lip. It only require drilling new mount hole and it is much taller than the 86-87 lip.

89AccordLvr
06-07-2003, 11:32 AM
drill a new mount hole where