PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my other car

YK86
06-06-2002, 09:58 AM
I took some pics of my other car yesterday since the weather was okay. It's a 99 Mustang GT convertible, 5 speed, fully loaded with all possible options (traction control, leather, Mach 460 CD/cass. stereo, cruise, keyless entry), 35,000 miles (56,000kms), and 4 year extended warranty.
I bought it 2 months ago from a dealer my friend had bought his 01 Cobra from and they gave me a great price (few thousand less than any other dealer) and with low financing rates, the monthly payments worked out to something affordable. I thought long and hard about buying Mike's (89SEI) B20 turbo but decided it was better off to keep the Accord as is and use the money for a down payment. Keeping the 86 was a huge must and the 88 ended up going to my GF (she loves it by the way). So far, the mods I did are:

Sprint springs (2" drop)
offset polyurethane rack bushings
shortened stabilizer links with polyurethane bushings
shortened pinion snubber
Hurst short throw shifter
Flowmaster 2.5" Force II (3 chamber) catback exhaust
K&N filter with silencer removed
2001+ headlights (2001+ are smoked)
2001+ GT hood scoop
moved the spoiler back (sounds weird but makes it look much better)

I got some really good deals on a lot of the stuff which is why I was lucky enough to be able to buy all this in such a short time. In the near future, I'll be adding a 10" or 12" sub to the Mach 460 to beef it up, Steeda underdrive pulleys, and maybe some subframe connectors. A Saleen/CDC light bar and some Saleen or Roush style chrome rims would be sweet but they are too expensive for me to even think about it right now. Funny thing is though, I still look at and drive my Accord with a big smile (is that creepy???) so I know I really can't part with it.

http://server7.hypermart.net/yk86/Mustang1.jpg
http://server7.hypermart.net/yk86/Mustang2.jpg
http://server7.hypermart.net/yk86/Mustang3.jpg

NewAKI
06-06-2002, 10:10 AM
Nice Looking Stang.....

gruvmstr206
06-06-2002, 10:24 AM
not bad at all!

87AccordsterLx
06-06-2002, 10:25 AM
very nice... you're a lucky man.... I'm still in love with your accords though... keep up the good work... :)

ACCORD EX
06-06-2002, 10:48 AM
looks COOOOOOOOOl man ! :eek: !!

MIKE

guaynabo89
06-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Get the salleen or rousch kit on that bad boy.:D

Jims 86LXI HB
06-06-2002, 02:22 PM
Ok ok I'll admit it, I like to challange 4.6L mustangs to race.:D Not to win,(LOL!!) but just to hear the V-8 sing in that thing, DAMN they sound so good;)

Nice looking stang yasu, man you've sure done allot of things to it.

YK86
06-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys. If I posted my Accord on a Stang board, I would get slaughtered but you guys are a much better group. I was looking at some Roush chrome wheels but I found out they are $1100 for ONE rim and tire!! The Saleens are half that and I still consider that expensive. Not a fan of the Roush side exhausts but the kit looks good (The Xenon appeals the most to me so far). And Jim, you are right, I can't get enough of the good old V8 rumble. The exhaust and springs were the first things I did (stupid Ford made it look like it's ready to go 4X4ing at stock height).

87accordlxi
06-06-2002, 03:12 PM
nice stang, yasu! god i love the sound of those engines.

89AccordGSR
06-06-2002, 03:36 PM
Nice stang man, have you seen the all aluminum Ford Bullet rims those are pretty tight. I was going to consider putting them on mine until I saw my friend Shawn's Mustang with some 18" all chrome Cobra R rims and I was hooked. So now im getting some of those rims & an Eibach pro lowering kit. Heres a pic of how it sits now. Its stock as hell except for a Clarion H/U & Mach system. Ill post pics once I get my clears, rims, lowering kit, & my billet grille

accordlx
06-06-2002, 05:31 PM
Nice looking Mustang.

pearldrop
06-06-2002, 07:43 PM
It looks great Yasu. Please, please, please don't go with Cobra R rims. They look awesome on the car but that is the only wheel that I ever see on Mustangs.

damackz
06-06-2002, 11:22 PM
true haha i dunno u might try doing something diff with it........but luv tha stang yasu but yeah tha accord is just something else :) have fun wit it tho buddy specially when tha summer rolls around u will be pimpin :pimp:

YK86
06-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Bullitt rims are okay but not something I would pay to have. Cobra R's are nice but there are SO many knock offs and like you guys said, too many people have them. Something like the one on the Xenon catalogue picture (below) would be great but I have no idea who makes that wheel. I like the lip on it (the wheel). Any ideas?? And Accordgsr, you didn't post your pic! Do you ever visit any Mustang boards? So much anti-rice. Funny how some people think any Stang lowered more than 1.5" is "rice low" LOL. I think they look best dropped 2"-3" but I am already scrapping my H pipe with the Sprints.
http://www.impactparts.com/ford/x5290.jpg

89AccordGSR
06-08-2002, 07:10 AM
Naw I dont visit many mustang boards, for the simple fact that most people that drive domestics, look down on people with imports. People like that bother me so I dont socialize with them. Im on the search for those rims. Ill let you know what comes up.

89AccordGSR
06-08-2002, 07:31 AM
This is what I came up with, now im not exactly sure that these are it, but they are close. These are KMC Floss

89AccordGSR
06-08-2002, 07:32 AM
These are Zennetti Vega Truck, I hope these will of some service to you

YK86
06-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Thanks!