PDA

View Full Version : **Need Help to put Door Molding back on Some 1 Please Help***

89AccordLXI666
06-05-2003, 04:49 AM
Ok I have an 86 Accord LX sedan... It's in pretty good shape, when I bought the car back in January the molding on the door on the back passenger side was off, luckly I found it to be in the trunk.... Probelm is I want to put it back on, and whatever was holding in place no longer exists... so now I wanna some how use a special type of glue or something to keep in intact with the door... what should I use to stick it back on... anyone have n e suggestions? Please help, It would make the car look better if that molding was put back on.. thanks guy's Lataz :D

pimp86LX
06-05-2003, 05:53 AM
nuh nah nuh nah nuh nah nuh nahhh DUCT-TAPE!!..:super:

if thats too ghetto for ya try some 2-sided tape or velcro.

gugumachi
06-05-2003, 06:26 AM
I believe the molding is held on with small plastic clips that are very hard not to break when the molding is pulled off. Anyway, here is a link (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1986&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=SIDE+PROTECTOR) to Majestic Honda's parts site where you can order the clips.

Trowa
06-05-2003, 03:41 PM
why order clips, just go to the junk jard or something and get some for free =)

87accordlxi
06-05-2003, 03:49 PM
problem is, if you find a car at the junkyard and try to get the clips, those clips will probably break when taking the molding off. and if you find a car with the molding already off, those clips will probably be broken too.

i would just order a new set

89AccordLXI666
06-08-2003, 06:57 AM
yeah true..... the clips on that molding is broken, and you are right... chances are that if I do try to get one fromthe junk yard there just going to break off too, so maybe I could just order new ones I'm sure there not too expensive any ways..... hey gugumachi thanks for the link, and thank you all for the advice.... Lataz