PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the pull-a-part

pric
06-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Had a good day at the pull-a-part junkyard. Thanks to dhcarss he helped me pull an automatic tranny out. They only wanted $54 for it; the cheapest place that I could find was $425 with exchange. The donor car was an 86 dx 4dr smashed in the front but under the hood was super clean and only 150k miles. Two cars over was a Sei. The wheels were in great shape and the tires were about 75% life left in them. I got those for $85 the armrest was messed up bad but I did get the center console with the cup holders for $6. D got a front lip spoiler from a 929 for $2 and not to mention the complementary five-finger discount light bulbs. When we got back to his house we put the lip on his accord and it looked good. The sides were about 2 or 3 in. short but I think we can fix that. It took about 2hrs. to get the trans out and we ran out of time so I will have to go back for those rear disc’s and muffler off the Sei. That place was like a car parts yard sale I had a great time.

Thanks again D

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-05-2003, 06:44 AM
congrats on your find. hook us up with pics if you can.

Vanilla Sky
06-05-2003, 06:45 PM
now THAT'S a good day at the yard

blazin3gen
06-05-2003, 06:47 PM
WOW! sounds good! especially for the wheels!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Nice Find.. Nothing to better to pick up other ppl's trash and add it to ur's!

Sabz5150
06-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Grab the rear disc setup off the SEi :)

cdscowboy
06-06-2003, 12:43 AM
A very good day!! Get some pics, especially of that 929 lip...I'm curious to see how it looks.

pric
06-06-2003, 05:23 AM
D and I well be going back in the morning. D's got the digicam I'll have to ask him to take pics. I'll post back and let ya'll know what we get this time it's almost like scavanger hunt.

Blue Impact
06-06-2003, 06:54 AM
Wear some clothes when posing in front of the camera with your findings. Let's not be like Mike (ACCORD EX). Not everyone here on the board likes seeing other guys half-naked. :D $54 for a tranny? That thing better work, man. Have fun and good luck.

HondaBoy
06-07-2003, 10:44 PM
thats pertty good. dont forget to get fuses. i got some when i went to the junk yard a few days ago. save some much needed money. also got my friend a fuse puller. he was amazed that the 3gee came with one and his car didnt. hehe.

easyryder
06-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Do ya want to sell the console? pppppplease

HondaBoy
06-08-2003, 09:48 AM
i dont think he will wanna sell the console. many people have asked me to sell them mine. but nope, its stayin in my car. im gonna see if i can find more of them. unlikely though.

pric
06-17-2003, 07:52 AM
No I will not be selling the console sorry.

We went back to the pull-a-part and got wet the bottom fell out. Luckly we were getting interior parts. Another guy that me and d work with has a 89 2dr and he got the door panels out of the sei. I got a dash out of a 86 HB not to mention the pocket full of fusses and light bulbs I also got a condenser and right corner light. Total price $40 The whole dash everything except instrument cluster was $19.51. The A/C condenser was $11.14 and the corner light was $8.16. d got the armrest out of the sei.

We get back to d’s place and the sun comes out go figure. We get the old trans out and put the new one back in. The auto is twice the weight of the manual or close to it. That damn thing was heavy and large. It was very difficult to put it back in but not to hard. Didn’t get the axels back on so don’t know if the new tranny works are not cross your fingers. We will be doing that today. Lot’s of fun yea, not. It also looks like the brake master cylinder is leaking so that will need to be replaced. I was going to just get a new one until I found out how much one was at the pull-a-part $9.44 and there were a few cars their that were good canadates. Also when taking out the trans I noticed that the oil seal on the distributor was leaking so that needs to be fixed and then she well be good to go. Not to mention I still got to put the new dash back in but I’ll do that when I’m ready to put in the cup holders and clean it real good. The sei wheels look good on the car too. Oh and the sei muffler was shot so want be getting that.

pric
06-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Well got the axles on and when the shifter is in R it in park and when it's in N it's in reverse. Hopefully I'll have that fixed before the day is over and do a test drive.

dhcarss
06-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Pric is worse than a women!! I will try to get some pics of the 929 spoiler, my cdrw drive went out so the comp will not read my camera disk. Would anyone be interested in buying a rear disk setup? for the right price I will go back out there and pull it and ship it.. just let me know I maybe we can work it out...

pric
06-19-2003, 01:51 PM
I got your worse than a women...bitch!! I just hope that trans works out ok. I got the blue paint for the middle console today. After we figure out the trans problem I guess we will take the dash out and clean the other one.

pric
06-20-2003, 05:18 AM
Well got the dash in and the wiring harness in the new dash was missing a plug so we had to pull it back out and swap harness between the old and new dash that sucked. Adjusted the cable on the shifter and got the trans to work. We drove it down the road and the kick down cable needs to be adjusted bad. All in all the car drives good the trans runs smooth and shifts good. I sprayed the center console that I got from the sei and it's almost the same color maybe one more coat and you want be able to tell the difference between the orignal and the new ( old used ).

Going back to the pull-a-part today to get the brake master cyclinder. They only want $9.44 for it I love that place. So far I've spent a total of $185 on this car and the body & paint are in great shape and the sei wheels look good on the car. The motor runs real good and surpisingly stronger than I was expecting from a carb auto. I want to give thanks to dhcarss for all his help and time. The 929 lip looks nice on his car not bad for $2 LOL. He needs to get a pic up the damn slacker. Ya'll need to take d up on that offer the rear disc on that sei are in good shape.

3rdGenFanatic
06-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Where is this pull-a-part? It it the one off exit 128?

pric
09-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Went back to the pull-a-part found two nippon-denso a/c comp. that were both in good shape the one I took was off a 86 LX-i with 150K miles on it the radiator and condensor was already gone so it made it alot easier to get to. When I turned it you could feel the pump and oil shot out of one of the lines. Got the bracket the pump and two a/c lines with warrenty for $40. Got the bracket on my car but have not put the pump on yet. I was changing out the plugs, plug wires, dist cap, rotor button. Well got #1 pulg out no problem, could not move #2, #3 came out, and #4 was a little tight but came out. Went back to #2 and was shaking the whole car and it would not budge. D was there and was making fun. I didn't want to break it off in there so I asked D if he would like to try. Guess what he broke it off in there but the nut part came off and the ceramic part in the center came out with it too. I've never seen or heard of that before. So now I'm taking it to my father-in-law's shop and let him give a go at it.

pric
09-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 3rdGenFanatic
Where is this pull-a-part? It it the one off exit 128?

Not sure which exit it is but it's the tallapoosa st exit I know.

pric
09-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Got the plug threads out and the new plug in. Also got the a/c pump on and charged. The A/C is cold and the car runs good. So far the total amount is $245 on everything and the car rides great, plus cold air feels great too have. I love the cup holders I’m glad I got them. Now that everything is done I’ll drive it till it falls apart or sell it for a profit.