PDA

View Full Version : Door Light Switches!?!

dec1184
06-05-2003, 06:22 AM
-K- guyz whats up with my door light switches. You know the little black ones that turn on the interior light and little red dash lights. The only door that shows up in the little red dash lights is my pass. side door, all the rest could be open and i wouldnt know it because the red lights wont come on for them. Are they bad switches? Becuase i tried to put anopther used one from the junk yard in my drivers side and still nothing. Or could it be the wiring? Please help me out here guys i would really like to know.
thanks jordan:barf: :barf:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Ok, on my car only the right rear door had that problem. Check for corrosion on the switch. Mine was dirty/rusty and didn't make good contact. It is easy to take out so just remove the switch and check to make sure it operates smoothly and makes good contact. Also check the connection point at the switch. If you want, you could simulate the action of the switch by closing the circuit as the switch would do. I can't remember how exactly the switch operates in the circuit, but it should be pretty easy to see how it works. If the manual connection does no good, then it is probably the wiring that is faulty.

Hope this helps. :pimp:

Silver86LX
06-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Yea my rear doors are the same way. The one on the passesger side works sometimes and the other doesn't work at all.

88LXi/87CRXSi
06-05-2003, 02:02 PM
The door switches only close the circuit to ground, when the door is opened. Try what '89AccordLX(Rus) suggested (grounding the wire going to the door switch). If the courtesy light in the door comes on but, the safety indicator on the dash doesn't light, I guess it could be the safety indicator itself or the wiring.