PDA

View Full Version : need exaust help fast

solomaster2002
06-05-2003, 03:11 PM
:mad: i have not been able to find what the size of the bolts conecting the resonator tube to the catalytic converter are on an 88 lxi
i think that they are 13mm but the 13mm is just a little bit to small and if i was to pry at it with the14mm it would just round the edges and make it evan harder to fix the problem
what should i do i need help pretty fast and i cant seem to figure out wht to do???????????????????????????????????

shepherd79
06-05-2003, 04:56 PM
may be they are SAE (standart) and not metric. If you rounded the edges of the bolts or nuts, you will have choices. you can cut the bolt with cut-off tool or you can go and buy bolt-out tool from SEARS.

solomaster2002
06-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
may be they are SAE (standart) and not metric. If you rounded the edges of the bolts or nuts, you will have choices. you can cut the bolt with cut-off tool or you can go and buy bolt-out tool from SEARS.
about how much will a cutoff tool from sears cost me
and i figured out that the set is not metric or standard and i still cannot find out what size it is
but thanks for the comment aanyways

MrBen
06-05-2003, 05:52 PM
"Bolt Out
Need to remove a damaged fastener? Craftsman can help with a range of well-made tools. Bolt-out kits consist of five to 13 sockets with spiral flute interiors that grip the damaged head of a bolt or nut and allow you to turn it off without much fuss. One 5-piece kit (52160) will remove eight different sizes of nuts and bolts (3/8-, 7/16-, 1/2-, 9/16- and 5/8 in., and 11-, 14- and 16mm). Each socket is made from a tough high-carbon steel so it can stand up to multiple removals. The kit costs about $20."