PDA

View Full Version : starter problem?

Justin86
06-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Ok so I have finished my EFI swap and the car won't start. I tried jumping it but got nothing. Every other thing in the car is working, I can even hear the fuel pump going. And still for some reason there is no power going to the starter or something cause it WON'T start. :help:

Justin86
06-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Whoa what do u know. Does everybody hate me or something, cause no one will help me. Well since no one will help me I help myself and with my Dad we figured out the problem. Since I swaped the EFI out of an auto and put it in to my 5 speed there are some differences. I had to wire up a reverse light and my gauges are not working except for the speedo. But with the starter since in an auto the tranny has to park or neutral to start. So I found those wires and crossed hot to hot and ground to ground, then what do u know it started right up. But the timing is so messed up that I affraid to rev around 2K cause it vibrates so much. Well thanks for all the help.

A20A1
06-05-2003, 09:16 PM
The part about the wires from the shifter and the reverse lights are in the HOW-TO under Auto to 5-Speed conversion.

You didn't say that you converted to manual... you only said you were doing an EFI swap... please give us all the details, it helps out a lot.

Besides it's only been 3 hours.

crwa
06-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Wow, maybe I'll hire you to do a 5 speed swap on my auto... we can talk about it at the meet though...

A20A1
06-05-2003, 09:34 PM
I don't think he did the full conversion... he was using an auto wire harness though cause the engine was out of a auto car, so thats why he needed to connect those wires cause the manual doesn't need it.

Anyways it's a lot easier when you're just swapping trannies then swaping the shifter and pedal assembly...

I have all the junk i need to do the conversion... I'm just too lazy to do it. hehe.

Justin86
06-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Yea I all ready have a manual. I'm running into problems from the auto wire loom. I would have gotten another car with a manual tranny but that could have taken a while and the car I did get was for $100 so I really can't complain to much. Know I just need to figure out how to get my gauges working. After I get the engine timed I will tackle the gauges.
Hey crwa I probably could do the tranny swap for you since I belive the hardest thing to do is the EFI swap so the tranny should be easier and faster. So I should have the capabilties to pull it off. Also I hope I can go to the meet.