PDA

View Full Version : Power Window Wont Roll Down, Where is the Problem?

dec1184
06-06-2003, 07:24 AM
Hey guyz,
my driver side window will not roll down, it hasnt since i bought it. I have bought used switch clusters and a new power window controller. Now i hear a clicking when i push on the switch, i beleive it is coming from the controller. So is the motor/regulator the problem here? I wasn't sure since the clicking was heard. I really dont want to go through the hell of replacing that damn motor so i am looking at any other possible reasons why it wont roll down. Thank guyz.:barf:

ACCORD EX
06-06-2003, 07:49 AM
so you mean the window doesn't go up or down anymore !
my passengers window doesn't go up ( switch problem )

MIKE

Trowa
06-06-2003, 10:49 AM
when mine stopped working it was the motor, which i had to replace, i actually had to replace them on 3 windows now =(
and don't buy the motor new, just go and get one in the junk yard, WAY CHEAPER!!!
assuming it is the motor....

krott5333
06-06-2003, 12:08 PM
My passenger window rolls down fine, but sometimes I gotta push my drivers side switch a few times before it finally goes down. Switch problem???

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Go to the Fuse box under the hood the fuse for the window is ther it might have a bad connection where the fuse go's in to the box it happen to me

A20A1
06-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Check the motor bushings as well... if you can manage to get the old motor out and take it apart... mine were all gummed up so I cleaned them up and it fixed the slow window problem.

G Man89
06-18-2003, 08:08 AM
I had the same problem where my driver's window wouldn't move, but I could hear a clicking sound when I pushed the button. I found out that the black box in the door (what ever its called, I can't remember at the moment.) was bad, and replaced it with one from the local junkyard. If I remember right it was only a couple bucks if even that.