PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove my cruise control?

3rdGenFanatic
06-06-2003, 10:54 AM
:sadwave: Well, I've disconneted and removed the cruise control buttons from my steering wheel. Could anyone here point me to a link explaining how to do the rest, or perhaps take a bit of time to type it out? I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

98hp
06-06-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm curious as to why you would want to. But, anyway, the first thing anyone who doesn't know how to do shit and wants to do it themselves should do is get a Haynes or Chiltons book. That's where I get most of my info from ( besides this invaluable site!) They are like $15 and worth every penny.

MrBen
06-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Mine sucks. I think I have a Haynes (don't feel like getting up and finding it). It's got a purpleish cover. Anyway, don't get the one I have.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-06-2003, 08:47 PM
Well I removed mine when I removed the vac. lines. And I just removed the whole unit and cut the cable and taped up the end for temporary but I never got to it to remove it completely.

98hp
06-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Are you making room for something, fanatic?

smufguy
06-07-2003, 09:54 AM
I normally avoid from using cruize cause i dont wanna fall asleep. ANywho, Removing the Cruize is very simple, All u do is, unbolt the four or five 10mm bolts on the cruize acculator and unclip the electrical connecotr and tape the male end (to prevent water getting in and u getting a short). Then once u have the acculator loose, unplug the vaccum hose that goes from the cruzie acculator to the Intake manifold and use a stopper to plug the hole in the manifold or just use a small piece of vaccum line and make a U from the one that is not used (on the efi models) to the cruize.

Then with enough slack in the cruize cable, Get to the pedals and move the cruize lever on the gas pedal and remove the cable from the lever. Then go to the engine bay and turn the cruize cable holder on the firewall 90degrees and pull it out and ur cruzie is out. putting it back takes around 10 minutes if ur planning to use it or going for a long drive.

3rdGenFanatic
06-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks smurf. I just want to clean up my bay a bit. I have hayes, but it dosen't help much on this. Thanks for the help though, if I don't use it, I don't want it under the hood.

smufguy
06-08-2003, 08:04 PM
cruize is one of the things that drastically makes ur engine bay look uncluttered. Crap that haynes, go to paul's website, and download honda shop manual for free. They are all categorized in zip formant and all u do is just unzip it and u can just check it, print it and everything is clear and in easy english.