PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone Ever tried this?

rideredorgohome
06-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Hey guys...I was just wondering....my car does not have air so I was thinking of putting Vent Visors on it so dat when it rains around here in the summer and it's hot I can open my windows a little for fresh air w/o getting wet. The only trouble is that Auto Vent Shade does not make a Visor for our cars in the 2 Dr version, but they do make it for the 90-93 model. I was wondering if anyone has ever put the 90-93 version on their 3g or whether i can get some from another manufacturer. Thanks for any help you can give :D

Elijah
06-06-2003, 06:27 PM
I remember someone did it in this site and they work good.

MrBen
06-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Edit mods delete.

A20A1
06-06-2003, 09:36 PM
You are able to delete your own posts.

You can buy factory visors if they still have them. i know my friends car had them and they even had Honda embossed in the plastic.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Sweet I might have to check out my honda and see if they have those here.

rideredorgohome
06-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Did a forum search and couldn't find anything on the vent visors. I don't think Honda will support accessories still for our year of car, I know with bikes they don't past the early 90's. Has anyone bought them from Honda lately?

Mike's89AccordLX
06-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Try a search for vent shades. I know I have seen a few threads about them on here.

88' Accord Ltd
06-07-2003, 10:45 AM
I got a set of those for a 4 door sitting in my room, I'm too lazy to put them on also I'm not too sure if I'd want to...I got all 4 for $5 at the junkyard! They even say Honda in the plastic...

easyryder
06-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Honda does not sell Acc for very long after the production year Try your Honda dealer they will probably say no but if you ask them to do a dealer search they might find an obscure dealer who has them lkicking around in mothballs Other than that try a lot of wreckers Don't ask over the phone Go to the yard and just say you some trim pieces can you have a look ...You will be suprised.....If you can't find them PM me I do have good sources

Xulfiqar
06-24-2003, 05:13 AM
u wanna sell those visors that you have henry - cant find em here.

89AccordLXI666
06-24-2003, 05:53 AM
Man there's plenty of aftermarket company's that sells them... I so happen to have a set for my car... it fits on 1986-1989 Honda Accords.... I got lucky because I work at a car detailing place and I also do car washes and oilchanges, but that's besides the point, but anyway right by the car wash section there is a litle garage and some guy rented it out for a little truck business, and it sold caps for trucks, vent visors excessories etc.... I so happened to go through him and asked hime if he could get me the window visors and he said sure let me look it up in the book, so he did and whala it was there... then he asked me if I wanted him to special order it so I said yeah... and in a matter of 2 days they where in my posession and he gave them to me for free because I did some landscaping for him... but the shitty thing now is he's no longer next to my work, he moved to a bigger place he needed to expand his business which now sucks cuz I could of hooked you guy's up... sorry for the longpost, but point is you have to ask around, especailly wholesalers there they best ones to go through cuz they can get u n e thing... just look harder I'm sure you'll find some one that can order you one in no time... Lataz

offthahook
06-24-2003, 07:15 PM
I don't think they made them for 2 doors. Yes, all the sedan folks can get theirs all day. I don't think the 4 g ones would fit right.

HondaBoy
06-25-2003, 08:45 PM
i think the vent shades are realy great. i saw a 3gee the other day with them and it looked good. i seen em on other cars and they dont look good, but they did look good on the accords. i wanna order some cuz i have the same problem when it rains.

accord86
06-28-2003, 08:13 AM
they make vent shades for 2dr 3g's look in jc whitney

accord86
06-28-2003, 08:17 AM
but ur only goin goin to use the two fronts and the back u'll have to have a custom job