PDA

View Full Version : Short Shifter

Brettmans5
06-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Just got my 87 LX Accord a little while ago and have been trying to get together a list of mods i need to do. I was reading the forums earlier but like a moron i saw something about a short shifter that would work for a 86-89 accord but was for a civic and forgot to write down the info. anyone got any answers? anyone tried this? did it work?

Mike's89AccordLX
06-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Well you can always get the Pacesetter short shifter that is made for our 3GEEZ. The shifter you are talking about is for a 84-87 civic. DC sports also makes a short shifter for the 84-87 Civic but if you don't want to spend $109 for it just buy the $45 Pacesetter shortshifter. I like it and I've had it for a few months now.

Brettmans5
06-07-2003, 09:58 PM
sweet, thanks for the reply...and idea on prices...now i just have to make a decision on which i want. Going to head to the local boneyards tomorrow and see what i can find....not to many imports at the places around here....probably have to go to Vancouver or Calgary for better results. Planning on doing the disc brake conversion in the next week or so...braking power is majorly important to me.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Sweet. Maybe you could meet up with other BC members and they might help you with that conversion. I have never seen a SE-i in the junkyards around here. Which is a good and bad thing. Bad if you want the parts good to see they aren't junked :D

easyryder
06-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Dude listen to mike He has the right idea

Sabz5150
06-08-2003, 10:23 AM
The Pacesetter is probably the best choice, not only is it made for our cars but it is adjustable. Don't like the throw? Change it! :) Also, if you do go for a shifter, it's a good idea to get urethane shifter bushings... makes for nice tight shift every time.

Brettmans5
06-08-2003, 10:39 PM
cool, totally right about the bushings. I was planning on replacing most of the bushing on the car with urthane bushings at one point, great way to eliminate squeaks.....it worked wonders on my old 4x4 s-15 jimmy, but i had to sell the beast....i loved the horsepower i had after i dumped a V-8 350 in it but the mileage.....dear lord, i was spending 40 bucks a week in gas...i much perfer my accord and putting 15 bucks in the tank every week. :). Yeah i checked the boneyards today....no SE-I...there was a accord 87 accord i scored a few interior bitz i need but aside from that nothin'. oh well, i am going to Kelowna in a few so i will check there, and i am going to the coast in July so i will hunt around in Vancouver and over on Vancouver Island...boy will mom be happy, haven't seen her in nearly 2 years and i will just pop in, say hi, drop my bag off and then tool off to the boneyards...heeehee she will just love that. :D