PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye to center divider. take 2.

A20A1
06-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Well I just ported out the center dividing wall in yet another intake manifold... I added my own special home made dimples in the base of the manifold and kept just a tad of the center wall to act as a lump to keep fuel from puddling in the center... not that it would???

Anywho I reved her up to 5,500 rpm but a little lower in the rpm at about 4,500 it starts to hum and the intake becomes louder then my exhaust. I double checked everything cause I thought that it was from a loose bolt or something.

Anywho I'm about to head out for a test drive. :D

shepherd79
06-07-2003, 04:51 PM
you better tell us how it drives.
i am in the middle of shaving my intake manifold right now.

A20A1
06-08-2003, 12:01 AM
I tell ya... I get once good chance to push it and it rains. I'll try again tomorrow. :(

Mike's89AccordLX
06-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Mike was it hard to install that bracket that connects to the intake manifold and near the oil filter. I am going to start cutting and then grinding the manifold that I have. Oh and I tried to polish the outside of it with a file and well it's not worth my time. What I might do is paint it or powdercoat it. I figure even if I do an engine swap the lucky person that buy my engine will have even more things done to it. I picked up my spare manifold for $40 at the junk yard. That was a pain to get out (didn't bring my tools) so I used what they had and well they didn't have good tools.

A20A1
06-08-2003, 12:11 AM
You mean the bracket that supports the base of the intake manifold?

It's easy and I only use one... the one on the alternator side.

Well i didn't have a dremel thats why I used the file... and it was on my experimental manifold so i didn't bother doing the entire thing.

Miike GET AOL IM!!!

anywho, if you can wait for some pictures... i want to show you guys what I did.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-08-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm at work Mike or else I would. I only have MSN here and at home. Gotta love those digi cams :)

shepherd79
06-08-2003, 03:05 AM
i wanna see some pictures.
plus i thought you bored out one of your intake manifolds long time ago.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-08-2003, 03:25 AM
I haven't, I think you're talking about PhydeauX. Mike and I have only been talking about making the custom manifold for awhile but recently started on them.

Mike had the one for the bike carbs I think.

A20A1
06-08-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
i wanna see some pictures.
plus i thought you bored out one of your intake manifolds long time ago.

I did... but I did a horrible job. And I only ran it with the stock carb. It was on my 86 DX when it was towed away... no biggie since I had an extra stock manifold to start all over again.

shepherd79
06-08-2003, 07:08 AM
that is cool.
so what kind performace diff did you see?

A20A1
06-10-2003, 04:41 PM
so far all I have to say is its been interestig... I need to remove my hood scoop... I fear its semi sorta restricting the flow... I would just remove the grill but I hate sucking up bees. :lol
This means there will be something new in the works. :D

I'm just going to get a stupid pacesetter and hold off on my 4-1 till I finish the front end work on my car.