PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side leak

Mac
06-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Raining really hard today, noticed leak behind radio. I took off the plastic trim under glove compartment and saw water drip in the very right corner of dash by pass door. Took glove compartment out, still hard to see where it's coming from. Don't know if it's coming from door or windshield. Any ideas?

doug
06-07-2003, 05:02 PM
here is the story on a leak my car had.
http://87accord.com/fixleak.html

Mac
06-07-2003, 06:07 PM
wow Doug, was there a leak somewhere else that caused all that rust?

Mac
06-07-2003, 06:09 PM
I just realized that I posted in the wrong forum. Is there a way to get to Tech forum? Sorry.

doug
06-09-2003, 07:21 AM
honda issued a service bulletin on the 3G Accords for the lack of sealing at the body~cowl point on both sides, I did some research and found that 4G Accords had the same problem. So basically there were some issues with the way Honda built the cars, and this particular spot was open to the damage the photos show

1987 hatchback
06-10-2003, 05:07 PM
im having the same problem but the leak is on my driver side in the far upper left hand corner and when i brake i can hear water goin back in forth. I get water all on my mat! sound like its in the door skirt kinda , ima clueless what should do?! where is it coming from?

A20A1
06-10-2003, 05:19 PM
You should remove the plastic screen that is under the windshield wiper blades and make sure the drainage dams are not cloged.

Woah... those pics make me sick... now i gotta go over my car and check for rusting. :(