PDA

View Full Version : where to buy fuel washer?

anchovies
06-07-2003, 08:24 PM
I've searched high and low today but no shop seem to have the copper washer for the fuel filter. I sure as hell don't like to buy a new filter just to get the washer.
Anybody know?

Mike's89AccordLX
06-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Go to a parts store and tell them you recently bought a fuel filter there and that it didn't come with the washer and most likely they will just give you one.

anchovies
06-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Good idea. What if they want to see the "new fuel filter"?
Actually i got an idea hehehe (snicker...). But I'm quite sure they sell just the copper washer. I can feel it.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-07-2003, 08:47 PM
Well just ask them to find the fuel filter for you and then take the washer out when no one is looking and then put the filter back and say you forgot to bring enough cash. :) note: I assume no responsiblity for you getting caught though. :D

Dibbs
06-08-2003, 07:34 AM
Why don't you go to the dealer? The complete set of washers for the fuel filter can be bought at the dealer for around 2 bucks. Maybe an alternative incase the caper at the auto parts falls through.

anchovies
06-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Dibbie
Why don't you go to the dealer?

yeah, that's my next stop.
Just wondering how a normal part like this ain't on the shelves. People need to test fuel pressure right.

Dibbs
06-09-2003, 06:24 AM
No doubt...I just helped my father in law change out his water pump the other day (seal) and there's an o-ring that goes on a metal coolant tube on the suction side, that has to be replaced with the new pump. The new pump we got didn't even come with the damn o-ring. It usually does. I went back to the auto parts and none of the pumps came w/ the o-ring. So I had to go to the dealer and wait 2 days for that stupid thing b/c they didn't even carry that o-ring in their kit, normally b/c you get a new one when you get a new pump.